Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Seriously...
Last night around 9:30, Morgan & Jackson were still awake and in their beds just making noises. Morgan will do ANYTHING to stay up, which I have no idea where she gets it from (according to my mom, it's from me, and is the same thing I did when I was younger) but anyway, all of a sudden we hear Morgan gagging (which is normal when she eats because she gags on food she doesn't like and causes herself to throw up) well we run in to check on her and she has just swallowed a nice little butterfly clip for her hair, also known as "a foreign object" according to the book "What to expect the toddler years" She's crying, and obviously panicked at thinking that the clip is in her, and I was frustrated & worried, and trying to remain calm. This past week I have been telling her not to put things in her mouth. The other day she had a whole GOLF ball in her mouth, and the next day, a plastic lid. I thought I had to worry about babies & toddlers trying to eat things, but a girl who is a month away from being 4!!!!!! So anyway, we calmed down, and today I told her that if she felt like she needed to go #2 then she needed to come and get me so we could see if she had "Passed the foreign object". She was totally disgusted at the thought of what that meant, and believe me, it's not something I want to do either. Brian reminded me that we have angels watching over us, and that she would be fine during the night, but just for my peace of mind, I still needed to check on her every time I woke up with Hallie, so anyway, thankfully she is okay, and hopefully she will learn not to eat the "foreign objects!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I am glad she is doing okay. Thankfully I haven't had to do that yet with Taylor, but I know my day is coming. I caught Taylor putting things in her mouth and I immediately thought of you. Glad all is going well with you.
I am glad she is doing okay. Thankfully I haven't had to do that yet with Taylor, but I know my day is coming. I caught Taylor putting things in her mouth and I immediately thought of you. Glad all is going well with you.
Oh my goodness! That is scary. The hardest part is wondering what to do about it! I hope you find it. Hopefully it will just be poking out and easy to see:)
Oh my goodness! You almost gave me a heart attack. I'm glad to hear that she's doing well now. I would have been totally panicked in that situation. But you always seem to handle things so well.
My Melissa! Okay, thanks to a comment from Andrea on my blog, I have found all of these wonderful old friends! You have a beautiful family. IT looks like you are doing a great job.
And EW! about looking for a foreign object! I haven't been blessed with that particular experience yet. Now that I've said it though...
oh man! we only had one problem with the foreign object up her nose. she learned her lesson after that though. good luck. i hope that she's okay and you are too.
Oh YEah, for forgein objects. I had the ambulance over a couple months ago for Lily, she swallowed a spring to a flash light from Halloween...only the size of a nickle and an 1inch long...I found her blue and ran straight to the phone. needless to say I learned to throw stupid toys away. Fun Fun. The adventures of being a mom.
Love ALi
Post a Comment