Nut Family

Monday, March 24, 2008

Dying Easter Eggs

I love weekends! My favorite days of the week are Friday, Saturday, & Sunday because we get to spend lots of time with Brian and our families. This weekend was perfect!!! We got the kids a swing set for spring so Brian set it up Friday night, and the kids played outside all day on Saturday. They were outside from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. so as you can see, the sun kissed them nicely on the nose and cheeks (oops I forgot sunscreen!) but they had a BLAST!!! Brian worked in the yard while they went back and forth between the swing set and the sandbox. They had so much fun, plus it was nice because I was able to get lots of things done plus relax by watching something other than curious george, and I wasn't interupted once... it was so nice! Brian loved playing with the kids, and it was hard for him to leave us all today because we had had such a nice weekend. Saturday after all our work and play was done, my parents, sisters, and brother came over to decorate easter eggs (a tradition I grew up with) I haven't spent Easter with my family for 8 years, so this was so nice this year. The kids loved dying Easter eggs for the first time... especially Jackson... he would put the egg in the blue dye stir it around, pull it out, roll it, and plop another egg in. After about his 3rd or 4th egg we told him to try another color, but he eventually went back to blue... funny kid.
Grandpa helped Morgan write her name on her egg, or should I say Grandpa wrote it and decorated it, and Morgan told him how to spell her name. Last night I realized that I need to start speaking better, & using proper English. I was telling Morgan a story, and asked her to tell me one. She went on to tell me how she was "gonna" tell me a story about how she was "gonna" go to the store and she was "gonna" "git" a treat. oh dear! :)
Cute kids showing off their Easter eggs
And our little family minus Hallie who was asleep the whole time.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jen said...

I love sunkissed cheeks! We haven't dyed our easter eggs yet...oops! Tonight for FHE I guess :)

Lindsey said...

Your family is so cute! I love all of the fun little things you guys do together.

Melanie said...

How did you keep their hands normal colors?

The Heaton's said...

What a fun time coloring Easter Eggs!! I'm not surprised Jackson wanted his egg blue! He has asked me several times if I like the color blue. He makes me laugh!!