On Thursday night after our big Thanksgiving dinner, we all sat around & made a plan of what stores we were going to for the Black Friday specials. I went with my parents & my two sisters to Wal-Mart at 12:00a.m. Friday morning. It was insane, crazy, & a nightmare all wrapped into one. :) However, since it is a family tradition, we had to make it happen. We were grateful to get what we were looking for (without a fight -he he he) and overall we all save a lot of money & we had a good time. We didn't get home until 6:30 a.m. & were exhausted! I'm not sure if we'll do the all-nighter next year or not- I keep wondering "Was it worth it?" but, we did save a lot of money on things we were buying for Christmas anyway, so I think it was.
Since I was so tired, Brian & the kids wanted to surprise me and set up the Christmas tree. Brian got the tree & the lights ready and the kids went to town decorating. They did such a great job! Brian & I love the fact that all of the ornaments are in one section of the tree. They were so proud of their work! We started a new tradition from my friends family tradition. We sat by the Christmas tree with all the lights off in the house except the Christmas tree lights and drank egg nog to bring in the Christmas season. The kids loved it & afterwards they begged us to sleep under the tree so they could wait for Santa Claus. We told them that Christmas wasn't for another 25 days but they could take a nap under the tree on Sunday.
1 comments:
you have the cutest kids ever!
Post a Comment