The day before Thanksgiving, I started getting food ready so I wouldn't be stressed on Thanksgiving day. It worked great! I had Morgan help with the cranberry sauce & she did such a great job. The cranberry sauce was a new recipe I was trying & it tasted DIVINE- plus it made my house smell yummy. It was so easy & was a big hit. Hallie and Jackson helped with the cornbread dressing & crumbled up all the corn bread for me- we crumbled it up a little too much & it didn't turn out as well as I had planned, but it was still fun having them help. Brian did a great job carving the turkey and we finally used the electric knife we got for our wedding almost 9 years ago. :)
On the day of Thanksgiving, we watched the parade on the computer while I finished cooking & the kids colored the name tags- that is one of my favorite memories- all of us being quiet in the kitchen while watching the parade, & seeing the kids excitement as they saw their favorite characters in the parade.



0 comments:
Post a Comment