Nut Family

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The best answer to a prayer...he's safe

Tuesday night after Young Womens, I came home & we had some friends come over to visit. When they left around 10 I went downstairs to kiss the kids goodnight. When I looked in the room, Morgan was sound asleep, and Jackson's bed was empty- he was gone. I thought maybe he had fallen asleep on the couch bed or in another room downstairs. I started looking around and couldn't find him anywhere. I asked Brian where Jackson was & Brian thought he was in his bed. We both started looking everywhere and couldn't find him. I was starting to panic- imagining the worst, and wondering how someone came and took him, or what if he was outside wondering around in the cold. I started thinking of how the next step, after we had searched our whole house, would be to call our next door neighbors and have them help. At that moment, I knelt down to say a prayer that we would be able to find Jackson. Meanwhile, upstairs, Brian also was having the same thoughts (although much more calmly) and he too stopped to say a prayer. (This is how worried we were) I decided to check once more upstairs, thinking that maybe he went under Landon's crib. While I was in Landon's room, Brian called out to me and told me he had found him. Jackson was supposed to be in bed, and didn't want Brian to hear him awake, so he hid behind a chair in our room & fell asleep in the corner. I was so grateful that night that he was safe & that we weren't spending the night looking all over outside for our sweet boy.
   
 

Hallie decided to come outside and help me shovel one morning. We got her all ready, and within 5 minutes of being outside she said her fingers were cold and that she wanted to go and watch a Moosie (Movie) :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Shannon said...

oh man, glad he was found safely. That happened once to my little brother. He had fallen asleep under some bushes at a neighbors house. Scary when that happens. :)