Nut Family

Monday, August 4, 2008

Jackson's Broken Leg

Last Tuesday night, 2 days before we went to Fish Lake, Jackson and Morgan were playing downstairs and Jackson fell down the last 2 steps and broke his leg. We were pretty sure it was broken because usually when Jackson gets hurt, he just gets up and walks it off. This time he wouldn't move it though. The doctor couldn't see us until Friday morning but we were going to be gone, but thanks to Nurse Grandma Karen, we were able to get to the doctor Thursday morning before we left. Ironically, we went to Dr. Jackson, and the assistant that put the cast on Jackson was named Brian. Jackson wanted a blue cast, which didn't surprise us, and will get to wear it for 6 weeks!!! How exciting huh! He broke it in 2 places (the tibia, and phibula... I am not a doctor, so if I've spelled or pronounce these wrong...ooops) jHe has a nice spiral fracture on the front bone tibia I think, that crossed over to the back bone (phibula... I may have got them mixed...oops again) He is actually doing really well with the cast though, and is able to get around well too.
He is such a cute little kid, and when I told him we would take it off , he said he didn't want to take it off. I think he can feel that it's protecting his leg, and he isn't in pain any more. Poor little guy. I told him we would take it off after Grandma Smith's birthday which is in September. He said "no, after Grandma Karen's birthday" (which isn't until February) I told him we weren't going to leave it on for that long. I want him walking as soon as he can. :) What a sweet little kid... and the blue fits perfectly!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Roylance Rec. Center said...

Melissa that is SO cute...are they worried he has what Morgan has, or was it just a flook thing? Have a good day.
love ya
Ali

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

OH my goodness Mel, I remember when you told me Morgan broke her leg.... yikes!!! That is crazy that both Morgan and Jackson have broken their leg..... I guess you'll have to put hallie in a bubble....I hope he gets well fast!! What a trooper!!

Melanie said...

Poor Jackson. He looks like he is handling it really well! He almost seems excited! You are amazing!

Talk to you soon.

Lena said...

You sound so calm about it all! But I see you've been through this before. The cast looks cool Jackson! I hope you get all better soon!

The Heaton's said...

Poor little guy! I feel so bad for him. Not surprised his cast is BLUE!! He is such a sweet boy! He seems like it really doesn't bother him. If you need anything please let me know!

Kristi said...

Cute Little Tough Guy!! Sorry about your leg Jackson!! Loved your lake pictures, looked like way to much fun! : )

jen said...

Poor Jackson, but I do like the blue cast. Everytime I tell Madeline we are going to see Jackson she says, Jackson broke his leg. It's going to be a hot topic for a while :)

Ben and Darci said...

Oh boy, this is the first broken bone for Jackson, right? Poor little guy. BRAVE little guy. We need to come see you guys soon. I've had a picture in my diaper bag for you for a really long time! Maybe sometime this weekend. It looks like you guys had a great time at fish lake!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Poor guy... I don't know how you deal with all the broken bones. You are such an amazing Mommy and always looking on the bright side of things. Hope he continues to "enjoy" his cast and that he heals quickly.

Bon said...

Man...that is no fun! But he still looks just as handsome with that cast on!! So that is a plus!:)

Lindsey said...

How sad that he broke his leg! The blue cast looks cute on him though!