Nut Family

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad & Kaylie

My Dad & my youngest sister Kaylie share the same birthday (which was this past Sunday) We went over to their house and had an amazing dinner... Thanks Mom!
I am so grateful for my Dad. He is my hero! I have always looked up to him, and I admire him so much. I'm grateful for the way he & my mom raised me, and for the wonderful examples they set for me. I am grateful for their testimonies of the gospel & for how good they treat each other. I have learned so much from my Dad. I am so grateful that he is who he is, and all that he continues to teach me. I love you Dad!
Kaylie is 10 years younger than me, and she is so much fun! She is the peacemaker in our family, although, sometimes she teases her nieces & nephew just a little bit. :) Kaylie is so good to Morgan & Jackson & Hallie. She always takes care of them and paints Morgan's toenails. She always has such a postive outlook on life, and is a great example to me. I am so grateful she and Carly live close to me and that I can get to know them even better. I love you Kaylie!
Brian makes me laugh... the other night my mom put on a really fun party for Kaylie and her friends. They had a 50's theme & my parents made hamburgers and french fries. Then Kaylie and her friends had a hoola-hoop contest & a bubble blowing contest. Then after the games my parents set up a projector and they watched a movie in the backyard. We watched Gidget, and my other sister Brittany & I LOVED it!!! I wish Brian would sing to me the way Moon-Doggie sings to Gidget! Brian didn't want to watch Gidget with all of us, so instead he and Steven (my brother-in-law) watched "Legally Blonde"... the only kind of chick flick they can really tolerate! But don't worry.... we'll watch Gidget together soon... and maybe Brian will even sing to me. ;)


Kaylie's party was so much fun! My mom always has such creative & cute ideas. While the movie was playing my brother served rootbeer floats and popcorn. We had so much fun, and her friends seemed to really enjoy themselves. I see now how much time & effort my mom puts into everything she does. She's amazing!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Heaton's said...

You have had a lot of exciting family events take place!! Cute idea for a party!! I will have to keep that one in mind!! Happy belated birthday to your Dad and sister!!

Melanie said...

I love gidget. I wish Jason would sing to me too. Unfortunately, he doesn't do that anymore!

Whitney said...

That's a cute party!! Your mom is very creative. Happy birthday to Kaylie and your Dad, we sure miss everyone in Texas.