I don't think I realized or really thought that it would be difficult with 4, but this past week has been emotional, tiring, & difficult. On Monday my Mom was so sweet and came to help me get the kids ready for the day. I took Morgan to school while she stayed home with the other 3, and on the way home I asked myself how I was going to be able to do this with all 4 kids. Right when I pulled into the driveway, my neighbor saw me and said in answer to the question she didn't hear "Melissa, Congratulations! Can I take Morgan to school for you this week?" Somehow the emotional Melissa who has been here a lot this week, started crying and said with relief... YES!!! After talking to her, and explaining that no, there was nothing wrong with me, just emotional, I went inside. :) Right then my friend next door called to see if she could take Morgan, followed by another phone call from another friend. I have been so blessed to have good friends take & bring Morgan home from school, and they are my angels.My Mom has been an amazing friend, angel, and help this week. She has helped me so much with the kids. She has taken them to her house so I could sleep, played with them, given them fun activities to do, (like Christmas cookies), made dinner for us, and been a friend I could talk to. I am so grateful for her love and help.
Brian has been so sweet this week. He brought home flowers on Monday, which has been so nice to look at every day. He has been so good with the kids and the house, and just lets me relax. I am so grateful for him. He truly is my best friend.I know that there are angels that come to me daily. My friends, Brian, my Mom, and my kids, but I also know there are Heavenly angels that help me daily as well. The other night I was feeling kind of lonely & completly off routine. That night before I went to bed, I thought about how much I missed talking to my friends and being outside the house, and how much I missed the routine. I prayed that night, that my friends that I hadn't heard from, would know that I needed them to come to me, since I couldn't come to them. The next day my friend came over & brought a plate of brownies. Later that same day, another friend called and asked if she could come over the next day to visit & bring over dinner for the crock-pot. The Relief Society Presidency also came over to visit. I knew that Heavenly Father had heard my prayer. It also made me realize even more that he hears me every time I pray, and that he is aware of me & who I am. I am so grateful for the Heavenly angels that sustain me each day. I know I can't see them, but I can feel the strength & warmth of the angels with me. The other day I read a quote on my friends blog that I knew would need to be my motto this week, "I can do hard things! In fact, with Christ I can do all things!" As Brian left this morning, and asked if I was going to be okay today, I thought of this quote, and immediatly could feel the strength of the Savior helping me. Yes...With Christ I can do all things! :)
Thankfully Landon has been sleeping so well that past few nights & it is wonderful. He is the sweetest little baby and is so calm and peaceful. I just want to hold him & stare at him all day. He is a miracle!




5 comments:
Four has been tricky for me too! But know that as time goes on it gets better and easier and the routine will come once again! You are an amazing mom! I am so glad that you have such beautiful friends who help meet your needs! Enjoy every minute of this stage it goes by quickly. The dishes, laundry, and other mundane things of life can wait. It really just flies by. My newborn is already 8 months!:)
Melissa! I just saw your blog on Melanie's blog - what an adorable family! Your kids are so cute and you look so great. We have 3 kiddos now and I'm grateful for angels too! Hope you keep getting LOTS of help.
Melissa...YOU are one of those angels in my life. Thank you for your sweet testimony and strength. I love you!
~Ali
I know I only have two, but I felt the same after Malia was born and didn't ever see myself being able to go anywhere ever again because it just seemed to hard to juggle everything. But as you know, it's just a matter of a few months until you get into a routine and in the meantime the newness of the baby is so fun! You are a wonderful mother. Your kids are so sweet and so lucky to have you and Brian!
Ok, I'll try and not be a creep anymore and stalk your blog so much without leaving a comment;). You really are a super-mom and I admire your little family so much. It seems like so much of the time I have more on my plate than I can handle; a full time job, a 6 month old whose teething, a calling in church, a husband who's gone back to school, gah- the list goes on! But you are right; we CAN do hard things and we can jump the hurdles that come our way with Christ backing us.
Thanks for the quote!
Post a Comment