Nut Family

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Morgan's Grandparent Day

Yesterday was Morgan's grandparent day at school. They got to choose a Grandma or Grandpa that would come with them for an hour of school. My mom said that we never got to do this when we were growing up because we didn't live close to any grandparents. Morgan got some homework this week to interview grandma & write some things about her. One of the questions asked, "What is your Grandma's job?" Morgan wrote down, "The laundry" I'm not sure where she got this idea, because we have never been to grandma's house when she is doing the laundry. :)
Morgan was so excited to have Grandma come with her. She kept asking me how many more days until Grandma could come to her school. They had been reading a book that week about a girl named Coco and how she wants to go and visit her Grandma, but they keep missing each other. Morgan told me that since she was sitting quietly and folding her arms, that she was chosen to be Coco as they acted it out. I had no idea they were actually performing this little play for the Grandparents until my Mom went and said that Morgan had played the main girl Coco in the little story they did. She even got to say, "I can't wait any longer!" Morgan & Grandma had so much fun at school. I'm grateful that Morgan has all of her grandparents close to her so she can build wonderful relationships and have lasting memories with each of them. Thanks Grandma for coming to Morgan's school!
Morgan loved having a little snack with Grandma. She was so excited that Grandma had brought cherry tomatoes... Morgan's favorite!
Everyday Mrs. Hyer has a question for the kids to answer so she can tell who is absent. The question yesterday was "How old is your grandparent?" Morgan put her paper doll un the 80 yrs old. When Brian came home from work and we told him that Morgan thought Grandma Smith was 80, he asked her how old she thought Grandma Karen was. She replied, after much thought, "90?" Sorry Karen, I don't think the whole "29" thing is going to work anymore. :)
Here is Morgan (Coco) & her Grandma eating apples underneath the tree where they finally met. ;) What would we do without grandparents?
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun!! I am so jealous that you live so close to grandparents. I bet your mom had so much fun going to her school. She just seems like the perfect grandma...gentle, loving, adoring....etc.