Nut Family

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Conference Weekend

I loved conference this year. I always look forward to listening to the messages from Pres. Monson and the apostles, but this year I felt as though I had gained something from everyones talk. I loved Elder Bednars talk about our homes, because that was something I had been praying about... What can I do to strengthen my home & my family? I felt that I got many answers there, especially consistency. I feel that this year with the challenges that Brian & I have faced, that we have been humbled, and because we have been humbled, we were ready to hear each of these messages. I feel that in the past I have heard all the messages and thought they were nice, but this year, both Brian and I felt the spirit bearing witness to our hearts that each of these messages was true, and that the Lord was aware of us. I love how the apostles & Prophet can each speak truthfully & open & that they don't beat around the bush, but they tell it how it is. I love that they speak with so much love for the gospel and Jesus Christ. I LOVED Elder Jeffrey R. Hollands talk--- what power and strength. I felt the spirit so strongly as he spoke. I felt as though he was as a powerful lion declaring the truth. What a great & powerful talk! I am so grateful for the oppourtunity to watch conference. It has been such a blessing to me. If you would like to watch it, go here www.lds.org
Morgan was really excited about playing bingo while watching conference. They started playing with M & M's ( a tradition I have had since growing up) and soon Hallie & Jackson lost interest and went to play. I heard them kind of quiet in the computer room and went to check on them. I found Morgan watching conference on the internet with her bingo all set up--- what a sweet picture.
We always bring the t.v. into the kitchen for the Sunday morning session and watch it while we eat a big yummy breakfast. The was the kids before breakfast was ready.
I love this picture, especially how close they're sitting.
Can you tell Hallie is full of it? :)
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: