Nut Family

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Caramel Apples

We LOVE caramel apples! Whenever we go to St. George we always stop and get some. This year I thought it would be fun to start a new fall tradition. So, during the Saturday Conference session we dipped our apples in caramel, then chocolate, and then we each had our choice of Oreos, butterfingers, & heath bits. They were sooooo yummy! The kids loved making their own apple and decorating it. Morgan carefully placed each little heath bit on hers, while Jackson just ate them. :)
I love this picture! This is what this picture says to me...
Brian is thinking, "Okay Meliss, I like the activity, especially the chocolate, but do you really want me to smile for a picture, let alone, do you have to take a picture of me?" :)
Jackson is thinking, "Dad, this is so awesome! I totally look up to you & think you're the best dad ever. When I grow up I want to be strong like you!"
and Morgan is just enjoying the moment. :)

The apples were a little messy, but definatly worth it!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Taylor has already informed me that we have to makes these! What a fun idea!

jen said...

I was thinking I should make some too! Sorry I didn't call you back, I should be home most of the day tomorrow