
I haven't really wanted to can any vegetables or fruit this year because of all the work that goes into it, but last night at an Enrichment, after having yummy homemade bread, topped with delicious freezer jam, I decided I could do it! Morgan didn't have school today, so I was trying to think of something fun we could do. My friend last night had told me about a raspberry patch about 5 minutes from our house where they let you pick your own fruit. So, this morning I called my friend Nicole & we were on our way. I told the kids we got to be kind of like Strawberry Shortcake and go and pick berries. They had a blast! Hallie was so funny! She started picking the berries, and they immediatly went to her mouth. We soon worked out a good system. I would pick and hold the berries in my hand, she would then "softly" take them out of my hand to put in the bucket (which she would not let go of) :) The raspberries were starting to slowly grow in our bucket. Morgan & Jackson loved having their own little buckets and filled them up really quick. We all had such a fun time and I decided to make this a yearly tradition. It was fun, a great price, and delicious! Morgan said her favorite part was picking the berries. Hallie's was eating them, and Jackson's favorite part was feeding the reindeer an apple. (yes, actual reindeer... I think ) :) In the picture with the 3 of them, they were too busy watching the deer, and then they noticed the cows so they started saying "MOOOOO." I love that Hallie is laughing while Morgan & Jackson are yelling "MOOOOO." After our berry picking we went to the store to get some ingredients for the freezer jam. Morgan & Jackson were such a big help mixing up the berries. Morgan wanted to keep her bucket of berries and the sweet lady, Joyce, got Morgan her own little container to take home. Morgan immediatly hid them in the back of the fridge so no one (especially me) would eat them. I love fall! I am so excited to start this new tradition. It was a great day in the berry patch and now we have yummy freezer jam & fresh raspberries for raspberry shakes tonight. Mmmmmm. :)


4 comments:
I wonder if we have a raspberry patch near by. Home made Raspberry Jam is my all time fave! This post is absolutely mouth watering!
What a fun activity to do together! I love the pics! Jackson looks so cute with his hat and bucket! I want to know where this reapberry patch is:)! It looks like Hallie sure liked them weather they were red or green;)! What a big helper Morgan is! I love the idea of making it a yearly tradition!
Wow,you are a cool mom!
What a fun outing Melissa! Reminds me of the book Blueberries for Sal. Is it too late to go? Maybe next year.
Post a Comment