Brian & I met 8 years ago this past Wednesday. It feels like I have known him longer than that, and our journey together so far has been one exciting roller coaster. We have had ups and downs, but have both been strengthened individually as well as a couple. I am so grateful for him. He has served me so much this week & even stayed home a little longer in the morning the other day to help take care of the kids so I could sleep. I have felt overwhelmed & tired this week with all that I feel I need to do, and Brian has been a huge support & help. The other night he even went and got shakes for us (our first date) to celebrate being together for 8 years. So today I decided to make him is favorite peanut butter bars. These are the BEST peanut butter bars. I got the recipe from a friend in my ward, but Brian adjusted the frosting a little bit so it's perfect. Here ya go...Oh, and they are VERY addicting. Even my Grandma who hardly ever eats sugar can't resist these. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Bars
1 Cup Soft margarine or butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups oatmeal (to make it somewhat healthy so you don't feel guilty) :)
2 cups flour
Beat margarine, sugars, eggs, & peanut butter, then add vanilla, soda, salt, flour, & oatmeal, and beat.
Spread onto a greased 10 x 15 cookie sheet
Pat out with wet fingers
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes
Cool for 15 minutes, then spread a thin layer of whipped peanut butter on top and let cool completly.
Frosting:
1 cube butter or margarine
1/3 cup milk
3 Tbs. cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
Mix all together (except powdered sugar), put in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, put back in microwave for 20-30 seconds more and blend. Add powdered sugar and blend again. Spread on top of cooled peanut butter bars and Enjoy!
***This is also a shout out to my best friend Melanie who's birthday is tomorrow. I know she would love these, and I would love to send them to her, but somehow I think they would get to her in one goopy mess of chocolate, peanut butter, and oatmeal. So instead she gets the lovely picture & the recipe. :)




2 comments:
What a great wife you are! Kourtney is not big on sweets but I think she could eat that whole pan! Those are one of her favorite treats! They are the best!
I will have to make these, they look amazing. I am sad that you can't send them to me, but the photos makes them look oh so sweet.
We are going to have to get together this week, while Jason is in Disneyland without me. I will call you. or email you.
Thanks for your friendship. You have never know what you have done for me! THanks
Love ya.
Mel
Post a Comment