Nut Family

Sunday, October 25, 2009

The best thing to do in October

What do you think is Morgan & Jackson's favorite thing to do in October?
is it...
A. Going to the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkin?
B. Going on a drive up the canyon to look at the beautiful fall
leaves & enjoy nature?
C. Eating yummy warm soup & homemade bread on a crisp fall day?
or
D. Going swimming because it feels warmer than the day before?

Yesterday I was downstairs and came upstairs to check on the kids. (they had been
outside playing) It was kind of quiet as I walked into the kitchen & I wondered if they were up to
trouble. I then walked outside, just in time to see Morgan trying to turn the hose on.
Thankfully Brian had turned it tight so they couldn't get it on. As she was using all
her strength to turn the water on, I noticed that both she and Jackson were wearing their
swimming suits. Yes! Swimming suits on October 24th!!!!!!
I asked them what they were doing & to put their clothes on because it was cold & they would
get sick. (I started to sound like my mother & grandmother) :) They
then informed me that, "Mom, but we want to swim!" I asked them if they were cold, to which
Jackson said yes and Morgan said no. I told them that it was way too cold and that they
COULD NOT turn the water on (they were trying to put the hose down the slide so they
could have water on the slide--Can you imagine how cold that would have been!!!)
So, since Mom said no water and no hose, they decided to be creative.
They then both went to the drinking fountain, filled each of their mouths with
water, carefully walked over to the slide (trying to keep the water in their mouths
without spitting it out or swallowing it) & then Morgan spit out the water from
her mouth on the slide, and slid down in a little drop of her watered down spit. Jackson then
followed step by step, spit out his water on the slide and slid down.
It was DEFINATLY entertaining. :)



I had to take a picture of the cute baby sleeping. She is so much fun, but only likes
to cuddle with her bear. She has to sleep with this bear every night and loves to
say, "Bear, are you?" if it's lost. What a sweet baby!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Heaton's said...

That makes me cold just looking at those pictures! Isn't that the same day the rain & hail storm blew in?

Frampton Family said...

Brilliant! Those two are absolutely hilarious. Where in the world did they come up with this idea? I love how matter of fact they are. So cute!

Lindsey said...

Now that is creative! Funny kids!