Nut Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

S'mores Anyone????

Brian really wanted to have a campfire in the backyard with me & the kids. I was a little nervous when he said we could do it from the backyard, but he assured me that no ones house would catch on fire including ours :) I told him the only way we could have a fire was if we could have S'mores... afterall, I didn't want to smell like campfire for nothing. :) Morgan was so excited to help with the smores, and Jackson was so excited to help with the fire... of course... must be a boy thing.
Jackson making sure that Daddy cuts the word perfectly. We had the perfect Boy Scout Tee-pee set up for the fire thanks to Brian. If it would have been me building the fire, it just would have been sticks & newpaper in a pile. :)
Hallie getting her first real taste of a Hershey Candybar... mmmmmmm (as you can see from her face) And of course, I couldn't get the candy bar away from her. So she ate it all!
Jackson roasting his marshmellows. The first ones looked exactly like coal, so Daddy helped him make them look a little more golden instead of black. He was doing really well, and after a couple of minutes I asked him where his marshmellows were. He said, "anywhere" which means "somewhere, or I have no idea" we think that he just scraped them into the fire and watched them burn. It was such a fun night with a yummy treat.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love that Hallie is just eating a Hershey bar!

The Heaton's said...

What fun! I was wondering why it smelt like smoke a few days ago. Funny because I was telling everyone there must be a fire somewhere really close:)! Who would have known it was just over the fence:)!