Nut Family

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

One Excited Litte Boy & the Father Son Campout

Jackson kept asking me all week as soon as he woke up, "Mommy, what day is it?" He was so excited about going camping with Daddy to the Father & Sons Campout. Finally Friday came and he said, "Mommy, do I get to go camping today?" I told him and soon as Daddy came home from work they would go. The first thing he did was went and put his camping clothes on and then picked out his clothes and pajamas for the day. He was completly dressed & packed within 5 minutes. :) I told him he might need a jacket because it gets kind of cold at night so he put his jacket on and wore that all day too (even though it was 90 degrees outside) I think he was pretty excited. We went to the store to pick up some treats that Jackson & Daddy could take and then Morgan picked out some treats for her and I for our girls night. As soon as Daddy came home Jackson started helping him get the truck all loaded up with camping gear. Do you think he is excited? :)
What a funny little kid! I told him of some of the kids is age that might be going and he said, "Is Charles going?" (our 10 year old neighbor) He loves Charles and was so excited to see him at camp. Charles and his Dad took Jackson on a walk while Brian was getting dinner ready and they saw some tracks. Bro. Hirst said, "Look at those tracks, what kind of tracks do you think they are?" Charles said, "I think they are deer tracks" Jackson said, "No, I think they are giraffe tracks" They both thought it was funny. Who knows, maybe there are giraffes in our nearby forest. :)
I am so glad they had such a good time. Jackson & Brian loved spending the time together & even smelled really yummy when they came home. :) I am so grateful to have Brian as their Daddy. He is such a good Dad, and the kids just love him & love being with him. He teaches them so much & has such a neat and close relationship with each of them.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

So cute! I'm sorry Ian missed it this year. It is always so fun! How are you doing with Brian at Girls' Camp?

The Heaton's said...

Adam came home and told us about Jackson's little hike with the Hirst. We all laughed about the giraffe tracks! He is such a funny kid!

izzorch said...

Jay loves camping with Daddy! When they get home from a camping trip together Jay is floating around for about a week. Danny, his Dad, his brothers, and all the boy cousins are taking a fishing trip to Montana this summer and Jay asks me everyday when the trip is. He also pretends to go camping all the time now at home (he pretends that I am Daddy and we do all the things that the two of them did). Love you guys!

Melissa said...

How fun!!! It was always so hard on my Dad every year when the Father Son Campout rolled around because he didn't have a son to take (my brother died at 5 months). Hopefully we'll have a boy this time so that Cory can have such a great experience with his son. Love the pics!!

Elise said...

Melissa, I'm so happy I found you! I'm Elise, Brittany's old friend who moved away forever ago. I still remember going to your wedding reception and thinking you looked so beautiful, and I think that was that last time I have seen you! I'm glad to see that life is treating you well and that your kids are wonderful and adorable. I hope you don't mind my looking at your blog. If you want, you can head over to mine as well, though it's nothing fancy. ejejohnson.blogspot.com.

Bon said...

So fun!

Melanie said...

I love this little boy. His smile just melts my heart. I am glad Brian has someone to do those fun things with.