
One of my favorite parts of going to St. George is taking the kids to the temple. I love how white it is especially with the red rocks in the background. It is beautiful! We walked around for a while & then when we were leaving we saw 2 tourist buses. Right when we looked up at the buses we saw more than 20 cameras at the window. Brian and I thought it was so funny! How wonderful for these people that they will go back home and have a beautiful picture of the temple with our family in front of it. :)One man was taking a picture, but trying to get a nice picture around a tree & fence. He seemed so excited & anxious to see the temple. I said, "It's beautiful isn't it!" No comment, in fact he didn't even look at me to acknowledge that I was speaking to him. So we kept walking with all the tourists walking our way. I said "Hi" to people as I looked for my next prey, and they all looked past me... did they not hear me? So then I see another man and I say, "Hi, Where are you from?" No comment he kept walking right past me as though I hadn't said anything. Then my brains kicked in and I thought, 'Oh, maybe they don't speak English!!!!" Then we saw the tour guide (who spoke English) and we asked where they were all from. He said they were from Germany and were taking a tour of the United States. He thought it would be nice if they stopped to see the St. George Temple. What a neat experience for them! We were so excited for them. The visitors center there is amazing & they have a copy of all of the Book of Mormons in all of the different languages. I thought of how neat it would be for these Germans who may have never heard of the Gospel and then they can walk in the visitors center and see a German copy of the Book of Mormon. It was such a neat experience.

Me & my cute kids in front of the temple. I love how Morgan is displaying her picture of the temple. ;)

After the temple we went and squirted each other on the bumper boats. Hallie was not to fond of Jackson and I squirtting her. :)

I steered while Jackson kept his hand on the squirter so we could squirt Daddy and the girls. It was a nice way to cool off on such a warm day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment