Nut Family

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Our Darling Diva

Here are my words to describe Hallie right now... cute as can be, stubborn, determined, emotional, girly, funny, cheesy, affectionate, diva, princess, Daddy's girl, & just fun! I can't believe how much her personality has come out lately, but she is SO funny to watch!!! At church on Sunday I was helping her get out of the car & she stopped because she saw one of Morgan's dress up necklaces on the van floor, so she picked it up and tried to put it on. I asked her if she wanted to wear it and she nodded and said, "mm hmm" so I put it on her & she proudly walked into church. Yesterday I was getting dinner ready & Brian was helping. Hallie was crying because she wanted to be held & was hungry. We kept telling her that it was almost ready (as we were setting the table & getting the dishes ready) and then she gave us this look that said, "fine... your not going to feed me or hold me, then I'm leaving" and she turned away from us, still whimpering walked down the hallway to Jackson's room and threw herself on his bed (well, actually climbed on his bed halfway, gave up, and started to do a self pity cry) It was so funny! We were laughing. What happens though if she is only 16 months and is throwing these little pity parties for herself :)
Hallie has loved giving kisses to everyone lately. How could you resisit those big lips? :) The kids love giving her kisses.
Hallie's new favorite word is "NO" In this picture I asked her if she would say "cheese" and she said "No" I think I actually caught it right here. :) She is too funny! Usually she says no to Morgan or Jackson if they are trying to hold her, or take something that she wants or had. If she wants something she can't have, she keeps going after it until she can get it... that's the determination. The other day she and Jackson were fighting over a stuffed bear. Hallie had the legs & Jackson had the head, and they were each pulling with the same amount of strength. Needless to say, the bear is still in one piece. :) With a close tie.
This look says either, "Don't touch me," or "Mom, please come and save me before they climb in bed with me. " Morgan & Jackson love when Hallie wakes up from her nap and they usually climb in her crib with her and play with her. Most of the time she loves it, but every once in a while, she doesn't want them in.
Hallie is so much fun. She loves when Daddy comes home and usually laughs as she runs to him & gives him a big kiss. She loves trying on everyones shoes, and when she wakes up in the morning, the first thing she wants on are her shoes. We love her so much!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

So cute! I love the pix of Hallie in the purple outfit with the puckered lips! Adorable!!

Melissa said...

Those pictures are darling. I can't believe how quickly she has grown up. I bet Morgan and Jackson just LOVE having a little sister to "take care of". :)

The Heaton's said...

She is the cutest little girl! I love when their little personalities blossom! Love the kissy face!

Ben and Darci said...

What a cute little chunk! So she really ate that WHOLE big candy bar? Wow, what a champ! Little girls are so fun! I know that now for myself :)

Alexis said...

Wow she is growing up fast. She is so cute!