
After the boat rides (next post) Brian gave me a tour of where he lived and went to church and school when he was 14 (his family lived in St. George for a year) it was neat going down memory lane with him. When we came back we ate and then went swimming... which was the kids favorite part. Don't you love Hallie's little oasis. She loved it but prefered being in the hot tub just like her sister.

Later that night we went to dinner and the Pizza Factory and it was DELICOUS!

Brian and the kids. We swam in the pool every day as much as the kids wanted to. I think Jackson would have lived in the pool if he could have.

While Hallie was supposed to be taking a nap Morgan and I went shopping. She was SO much fun to shop with! At the first store I saw some skirts I kind of liked and Morgan said, "Oh, I like those mom, I think you should get them." Then when we went in the store she said, "mom, look at this skirt, this is really cute. Do you like it?" (A nice bright orange and brown skirt with patterns all over the place) We then moved on to more kids stores. It's always fun buying clothes for kids instead of myself I think. Morgan saw the pink shirt she is wearing at one store and loved it because it had lace at the bottom of it. I told her she could wear it for school and she needed to have a shirt on under it. As soon as we got back to the hotel she put it one and modeled for about 10 minutes in front of the mirror... just looking at herself and smiling. ;) We went on to the children's place and they had all of their clothes for only $5.00 each so I got a couple of shirts for her for when school starts. I would show her a shirt and say "do you like this one?" her reply "yes, let's get it" and then she would pull of shirts that she liked. Now Morgan is at the stage that she loves Rainbows and bright colors, so of course EVERY shirt or shorts she showed me had all of the rainbow colors plus some in bright fun crazy patterns. I got a head ache just looking at them. :) I felt like I had taken a step back into my closet when I was 7 and 8 since they were the colors I wore back in the 80's and 90's I kindly told her no. ;) So then she found these flip flops and said "Mom, can I get them?" Now, before we left Brian said, "Morgan, just buy the things you need to get and not "want" to get." So when Morgan asked me I said, "well, we don't really need them, but..." She then tried them on and her eyes lit up almost as if she was Cinderella and the glass slippers fit. She said with big bright eyes, "MOM!!! THEY FIT ME!" I said, okay we can get them, and they have been on her little feet ever since. ;) She was so much fun to shop with! I think she would have gotten anything I let her. As we were walking at the outlets there was a cowboy store with cowboy hats outside. Morgan said, "oh, look at that hat, can I get it?" It was a nice HOT PINK cowgirl hat. Cute yes, but of course more money than I ever wanted to spend on a hat. We did very good with shopping. I didn't pay more than $7.00 on anything that we got, and we got some cute clothes & pants for her and a couple of things for Hallie and Jackson. This is why I LOVE having a little girl. ;)

0 comments:
Post a Comment