Nut Family

Monday, June 8, 2009

Great gift idea!

I can't take credit for this because it wasn't my idea, but when I went to the BYU women's education week I saw this idea and thought it was great! So girls, here is a good & easy idea for father's day.
First you get balloons & blow them up a little (as shown in exhibit A) and then dip it in dipping chocolate. I covered it with leftover chocolate with a spoon to make it thicker which worked a lot better.
Put it in the fridge for about 10 minutes until it hardens and then pop the balloon. Then slowly peel away the balloon from the chocolate.
Wa-la... you now have a chocolate bowl that you can put whatever you want inside. I put strawberries & rasberries, but I think for Father's day I will do Brian's favorite mini candybars. Enjoy! (brian got a early one the other day after work and he LOVED it) :)


jackson ( I told him he could type his name when I was done) :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

I love this idea. What kind of brand of chocolate did you buy to dip it in? Looks so yummy!

Shannon said...

Fabulous idea! Forget Father's Day, I'm making this for me!!! Love it!

Melissa said...

I LOVE this idea as well. Thanks for sharing it!!!

The Heaton's said...

I was trying to figure out something to do for Father's Day! I think I just figures it out! the kids are going to love it! Thanks!

The Heaton's said...

Sorry! I guess I should read through things before I submit!

Ben and Darci said...

That is so cute that Jackson wanted to type his name. I had to laugh at that because it's too cute. I need to start going to these conferences! It might bring out the desire in me to make good edible things.

izzorch said...

Danny doesn't like chocolate, but it is such a great idea, maybe I will just have to make something for myself with it. Miss you!