Nut Family

Saturday, May 31, 2008

26 Years...

Well, this is what I look like on my 26th birthday. I was doing my own personal photo shoot, but didn't really like the pictures alone, so since Hallie was the only one home with me, she got to join in on the fun. :) So, do I look wiser & older too? My sister-in-law informed me that you can now register at Target for your birthday, just like your wedding! How cool is that! If only I would have known that sooner... and you could all go and see my list, just wait until my 30th birthday, and I will send out little invitations with a "I'm registered at Target" card inside. Haha ha ha ha... I thought it was pretty funny, It's a fun idea though. ;) Anyway, my birthday has been wonderful! I'll write the details later.... but for now, here are some pictures from the past.
Here I am when I was a wee little babe.
I think I'm 5 or 6 here, so 20 years ago... wow I think I look the same, just older...
Now this is one of my favorite pictures. I think I am 7 or 8, and I'm with my best friend Alison. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing here... I think I was afraid her head was going to fall off, so I'm supporting it... ha ha ha haha :) And by the way, I met Alison when I was in 2nd grade when I moved to Idaho. My first day in school there was a child sitting in front of me with really short hair, and I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl, that's all I thought about until lunch when I met her, and it was Alison. She was such a tomboy, and I was a prissy girl, & we hit it off great. I remember her teaching me how to climb trees, and a couple of times she even came to school with no shoes on (of course hiding them under her long jeans so the teachers wouldn't see) We had so much fun together, & are still great friends. You should see her little family now on my sidebar (Alison) she is GORGEOUS & has a beautiful family! Anyway, after that little tangent :) don't you just LOVE my outfit, the nice tight biker shorts along with the belly shirt... you gotta love the 80's. :)
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Oh those pictures are great!!! It's wierd to think in twenty years we will all be laughing at how we dress now. What can we possible be doing wrong now?!! Will the layered shirt look be a joke in twenty years, I wonder? I love your little biker short outfit. I had one just like it but neon green and black. I like Allison's jeans with those radical patches! Groovy. By the way I had to laugh at Hallie's little chin (and the big one underneath it!)

Inspiration Station said...

Happy Birthday today Melissa! I hope you had a great day celebrating with your fam. That's cool about registering at target for birthdays. I had no idea.

Melanie said...

Happy birthday. It's fun to see photoso of you when you are little. You haven't changed at all. Maybe a little older and maybe somewhat wiser? I hope you had a happy birthday. I think I had a pair of biker shorts just like those (or really similiar)

Lisa said...

happy birthday melissa! i love you dearly!

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Melissa!! You were such a cutie waaayyy back then! :D

jen said...

Happy birthday a day late! I hope you had a great day. I'm happy you are my sister! love ya

lincolnHabels said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the pictures. You were such a cute kid. Isn't it crazy that we're all in our late 20s now. How did that happen?!

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! A little late I know, but better late than never, right?! I love your pictures! Isn't it so much fun to look back at old pictures!? I love it! We love you guys!

Frampton Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!! I too LOVE the pictures of you as a child. I can totally tell it's you as a kid. You definitely have the same look. I hope you had a good Birthday. Love you and miss you!

Bon said...

Oh my heck...I love that pic of you and Ali! Thanks for the laughs...and memories of when you guys lived in Iona!! Those were some fun days!!

Mandi said...

You are 26? I'm 25 and only have 1 baby! I am way behind so you better slow down so I can catch up!

The Heaton's said...

Cute picture of you and Hallie. I love pictures of other people when they were younger! I hope you had a wonderful day!! Happy Birthday!
Analice

Lena said...

I'm late but Happy 26th! SEe, now if we were in the same town 4 1/2 years wouldn't seem like very much difference in age would it? I think I'll always remember you girls as my Beehives though, lol. I would love it if we lived closer and could be there for each other now. How fun would that be?

Roylance Rec. Center said...

I hope you got my message on your birthday. Life has been so hectic since I've been going to school...BLAH! So anyways I think that picture of us is cute, and I really can't tell if I'm a boy or girl either... LOL
Love ya
ALi