Nut Family

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hair Bows


I am always looking for cute hair bows, but I can never find them, so I decided to make some myself. Morgan is so excited about them. When I was younger, I really wanted a little girl so that I could always do her hair cute EVERY day, well, as most of you know doing girls hair every day, isn't the easiest. Somedays Morgan looks like a little orphan with this blonde mop, & a stained t-shirt. I'm sure that none of your kids ever look that way. :) So anyway, I learned how to make these, and yesterday my sister-in-law came over, and we spend all day making them. I showed Morgan this morning all of the bows for her & the baby, and she got a huge grin on her face. Now, she's really excited about me doing her hair, and doesn't fight at all. :)




My favorite ones are the flower clips. They look so cute in her piggy tails today.












3 more of my favorites
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jen said...

It's good to know that someone else's kids look like little orphans too :)Just as long as no one else finds out right :)

Melissa said...

I totally know what you're talking about!!!! My girls look like rag dolls most of the time (even when I do get them all cute at the beginning of the day). About 6 months ago I had about 30 bows. I'm down to about 8 (and some of those are coming apart). I really want to learn how to make them myself. Is it pretty easy? Where did you buy the clips?

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Melissa, Melissa, Melissa, how did you make those, can I have a lesson!!! They are so cute and I want to know how to make some for Rylee!! Was it hard!!! Ahhhh they are so dang cute!!! Let me know!!

Frampton Family said...

I can't believe you're making bows now!! They are so cute. I would love for you to teach me when I have a little girl.
As for Jackson, I love love love those pictures of him in his new clothes. Keep the pictures coming!

Melanie said...

You are so talented! I do want to make some. I am bummed I couldn't come and do them with you this week. We'll make time to do them.

Melissa said...

Maybe you should start a side business! Those look so cute, I want some for all of my girls!! Like everyone else, I want to know how to make them...you will have to share your secret! I hope you are doing well, I miss you!
Love - Missy

Lisa said...

I love those bows! I need a lesson on making those. Where do you buy the clips? Is that just regular ribbon? Help! My poor little Melissa always looks like such a bum. She needs your help!