Nut Family

Friday, February 22, 2008

Enjoying Hallie


Who's baby is she? This has been the big question lately... Morgan absolutley LOVES baby Hallie, so much so, that she sometimes thinks that she is the mommy. If it was up to Morgan she would feed, hold, sleep with, cuddle with and play with Hallie all day. I don't know how she would feel about waking up in the middle of the night though. Morgan is such a huge help to me, and will do anything for Hallie. The other morning after Brian left for work Morgan was sitting on our bed in her teasing mood (which I have no idea where she got it from ) :) and gave me a look kind of which said "okay mom, I'm going to be difficult today, & what are you going to do about it?" Luckily my mom showed up to take care of the kids for the day, and my mom saw the same look in Morgan's eyes too. Then she asked how Morgan had been for the morning. Thankfully she was good for the rest of the day, and after spending some Mommy time with just the 2 of us yesterday, she has been great & has listened really well. Maybe it's something with almost being 4 that brings out the independence in little girls. I am grateful though, for how much she loves Hallie.

Morgan loves holding Hallie & asks me to take a picture of her and Hallie together. She does so well with her. Whenever I take a picture of them Morgan has to pose... as you can see in these 2 pictures. What a funny girl. Hallie seems to love it all, and rarely cries when Morgan or Jackson hold her, unless she is hungry. I love that Morgan & Hallie have each other for sisters. I love my sisters, and I feel that everyone needs a sister.

Jackson has done extremely well with Hallie. I was kind of a little worried about him because he is such a Mama's boy, but he has been wonderful. He comes & holds Hallie for a couple of minutes & then goes and plays, but still continues to cuddle with me. Lately if I'm feeding Hallie, he will go and cuddle with Brian, which Brian loves.

I love this picture. The kids said they wanted a picture of them with Hallie, so we took this. We told Jackson to put his arm around Morgan & when he did, he started tickling her neck. she was laughing so hard, & Jackson just kept doing it for her reaction. What little cuties! I'm so grateful for all 3 of them.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I hope that Chandler is as much of a helper as your daughter is. I have been nervous about Gabe excepting this new little one into our family. I guess only time will tell.

Frampton Family said...

I love that Morgan is helping out. She really is a little mom, isn't she?! Hey, I don't know if it's possible, but can you somehow put some video of Hallie on the blog?

Melissa said...

Hallie is so adorable!! It is so fun to see pictures of her and the kids! I am glad you have such great little helpers! Let me know if I can help anyway...I would love to do whatever I can!

Melissa said...

Hallie is beautiful! I am so happy for you and your cute little (not so little anymore) family. :) You'll have to keep me updated on what it's like having three.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny with Jackson tickling Morgan!! ha ha that made me laugh so hard!

Sherrie said...

Melissa,
She is beautiful. I love all your family pictures, they are a symbol to me of all that God would have families be. I can see the love and happiness in all your eyes.
God is good isn't He?
Love Sister El Manno