After talking to my sister the other day, and today, about our little kids, I thought of this song, which I consider my motto for being a mom, but then, when I listened to it again a couple of days later, I realized that it doesn't apply to just moms, but every woman, and the power that we have in influencing the lives of others. I heard this song about a year ago, and finally went and bought the CD after Christmas. I love this song, and the message that it sends across. I couldn't figure out how to put the song on here, so to hear it, you will have to find it on her website. The artists name is Hilary Weeks, and the song is titled "Who You Are"
" I know you wonder if you'll ever have a day
when the kids stay calm, the laundry's done, and the dishes are put away
and sometimes you feel like your days are spent and gone
and the question running through your mind is what have I gotten done?
and when you finally have a moment to slow down
and the end of your day
I know Father would say
Believe in what you're doing
Believe in who you are
Hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in who you're becomming
Believe in who you are
It may seem simple, all the little things you do
But the lives you touch, matter so much
And there's no one else like you
And Father needs YOU to stand tall & faithful
To be all you can be
Oh, if you could see what He sees, you'd
Believe in what you're doing,
Believe in who you are
Hold tight to the truth that you're a daughter of God
Believe in what you're becomming
Believe in who you are.
When it's hard to believe in yourself,
And you feel like your beginning to doubt
Remember
He believes in what you're doing
He believes in who you are
Don't loose site of the truth that you're a daughter of God
That he believes in who you are becoming
He believes in who you are."
I love this song. The words are beautiful, but I love the music as well. I hope you can find a way to listen to it. I know that we all have a strong power to bless the lives of those around us, and that no one can affect someone the way that we can. I think the most powerful thing that I learned as a teenager was that I am a daughter of God! I am so grateful for that knowledge, and to know that when I'm frustrated or wonering if I'm being a good mom, or even a good person, that He is on my side, & cheering me on. I think not only do we bless the lives of our children & husband when we do these simple things, but we bless the lives of so many others that we may not notice. I am so grateful for life, & the responsibility I have. I love you all, and I'm so grateful for all of you girls (or women if that's what you would prefer :) who inspire me everyday. I love you all!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Thanks Melissa. I think that is going to become my new song, as I'm sitting here bawling :) I'm thankful for music that can speak words for us. I love you Melissa.
I have always loved that song. Thanks for the reminder. How are you doing? Are you getting enough sleep?
I love you so much and you are the person I have always looked up to. Thank you for being YOU!
Love Ali
Post a Comment