Nut Family

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hair Bow Instructions

Due to popular demand, I suppose I will tell you how to make the bows. Ha ha ha :) They are actually really easy once you get the hang of it. I bought some clips called "alligator clips" at a hair supply store. I was able to get a box of 80 clips for $4.50. I had lots of ribbon from scrapbooking, and just made bows from what I knew would match Morgan's clothes. The best kind of ribbon I found to use is the gross grain. Instead of using a glue gun, I used "Fabri-tac" a clear bottle of glue from walmart. I loved using it because it was easy and didn't burn my fingers. I also found instructions on a website called www.bowdesigns.50web.com
I followed the "pinwheel bow" instructions, but I used thin wire instead of sewing anything. I also think the "stacked hairbows" is really cute to, so that will be my next adventure after the baby is born. That is, if I have time & energy :) Anyway, good luck to you all.

1 comments:

jen said...

I just tried going to the website and it is http://bowdesigns.50webs.com (You just forgot the s) It looks like a fun site. Thanks Melissa!