Saturday, February 9, 2008
Anxiously Waiting
Well, here I STILL am... Saturday afternoon, and still very pregnant. I've been trying to keep myself busy all week & all day, so I can keep my mind off of the fact that nothing is really happening. My actual due date isn't until tomorrow, and both Morgan & Jackson were born right on their due dates, so hopefully that's what will happen tomorrow. But I am anxious, especially because I'm not really feeling anything yet. The doctor that is on call today & tomorrow I have heard, is really good, although, we have never met him. That's always a scary kind of thought, but on Monday, if I deliver then, the doctor seems to be as young as me. Brian doesn't like the idea of someone our age being my doctor, especially a guy... I wonder why, of course I would probably feel the same way if Brian had a female doctor our age checking him out. :) so anyway, hopefully the baby comes tomorrow. Last night we decided to help move the contractions along by going to the mall and walking around, that worked a little bit, but then I got distracted at my favorite scrapbooking store-Archivers, and browsed for a while rather that fast walking. Brian says I'm kind of funny the last few days of pregnancy. I've had a couple of people from our ward call to see if I had had the baby yet, and I told Brian that I should just have our answering machine say, "No, she hasn't had the baby yet, if you have something else you would like to say please leave a message" isn't that so mean... Brian says that they are just "ANXIOUS" & excited for me, to which I told him that I'm anxious too, especially since I'm the one that's been pregnant. I would love to go to church tomorrow, but I don't want to go & have our ward ask why I am there, and when they baby is due. I hope I'm not offending anyone with this post, I'm a little moody right now. I feel that I could snap, laugh, or cry at any moment... so watch out!!!! :) Honestly we are soooo excited to have this new little girl in our life. I can't wait to see what she looks like, to give her a name, to see how the kids act with her, and to hold her. Babies are such a little miracle. I keep telling myself that if she is a little late, maybe she is saying goodbye & finishing things on the other side before she joins us here, either way, we are anxious. So for now, I hope all is well around the world with each of you, and I will let you know as soon as I know when the baby is here. :) Have a wonderful day, and I love all of you! Melissa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I felt the exact same way with both of my pregnancies. In fact, with Katelund, I was so late that I actually didn't go to church the Sunday after my due date because I was so upset and just could not take everyone asking me why I was there and not having a baby. It is such an emotional time at the very end. Nobody, at least anyone who's ever had a baby, could be offended by your post because we've all felt the same way. :) Hang in there!!! We all love you and can't wait to see all the newborn pictures!!
I love you guys and I am hoping and praying she comes very soon: )I understand how you are feeling and i think you do an awesome job as a pregnant woman. So be as moody as you want : ) Let us know when she comes!
Good luck-I am anxious to see pictures of her!
Good luck-I am anxious to see pictures of her!
Ha! You are so cute! You know when I was pregnant I got the nursery all done up with blue jean teddy bears. I thought it was so cute! When Mel came home I was thinking why did I do it so dark and boy-ish. Patrick said he didn't dare argue or disagree with a pregnant me, I had my mind set on something and that's how it was. We love you! and wish you the best with your newest addition to the family. I can't wait to see her.
You must be so uncomfortable by now Melissa. Just hang in there. I can't wait to see this bundle of joy. I'm sure she is going to be an absolute doll.
Hey Melissa,
Wow your due date seriously crept up fast (for me! not you!). I was just today thinking tomorrow Riley and I would stop by and maybe take Jackson to Carl's Jr. to play for a while. Maybe not! Can't wait to meet your new little girl.
I am laughing so hard.I am only laughing because, I know how you are feeling. Good luck.
Have you had the baby Yet? I know that question is getting old by now, but i am so excited to see pictures of her. I'm sure she will be just as beautiful as your other two!
Melissa...I am sure you are in the hospital pushing away or maybe now your home. I know she will be Beatiful, just like your cuties now...hee hee whoooo hee hee whooo.
Melissa,
I've been reading your blog for a while and I guess it's time to fess up! I guess this post just hit my empathy button! My son, Jack was born 9 days after his due date (and even then I was induced) so I am feeling your frustration and moodiness and annoyance with the questions from other people! Good luck with the new little one. They really are miracles!
Love, Rivka
Post a Comment