Nut Family

Friday, January 6, 2012

My Morgan


Last night, I went to a RS activity and got home
around 9:30. Brian was fast asleep but Morgan was
still awake. I had brought a plate of treats home
for Brian, but decided to share them with Morgan.
We talked at the kitchen counter while we ate
& then I showed her how I go around to everyone's
room to check on them & give the a hug before I go to bed.

She loved that part, and stopped a little longer at the side of
Landon's bed & gave him a couple of kisses and hugs.
Then we went to her room & I stayed & laid on her bed
& told her stories about growing up- the time my grandma
sent my sister & I each a bra in the mail & I was mortified. The time
I talked rudely to an adult and had to go and apologize face
to face with tears in my little 9 year old eyes. The time this
same sweet woman taught me how to decorate a cake. And, of
course the time when Daddy & I met and how we have been
best friends ever since.

I realized last night how much these moments mean, not just
to me, but to Morgan. I feel that every time I stop & spend
time listening and talking to her, our relationship with each other
is strengthened.
Sometimes it is hard being the oldest,
especially when Mom is so busy with the other kids, but
my goal this year is to strengthen my realtionship with
each of our kids. Hopefully if we have a strong relationship
now, it will continue in the future.

I realized the other day, that I only have 10 years
left with Morgan. That may seem like a long time, but
to me, I want it to be full of memories we can see
that helped us grow closer to each other.
.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Oh I love this! So special! One on one time is the best!

Melanie said...

she is so dang cute! Thanks for sharing how you handle the numerous kids, because that is where I struggle. I too have made the same goal.