Today, while reading blogs, I saw this idea that I loved. At the start of every
year, this woman, blogs about where her family is at, at that moment in life.
So, I decided to do the same. These are the moments that we are living right now
that I don't want to forget, but know that I soon will.
First, this picture-
Every Sunday right after church the kids run in the house & sit on the
couch for me to give a reward to the person who was the most reverant
during church. We started it a couple of months ago because I felt like
it was time that our kids started showing respect at church, especially the
first hour. I loved the first Sunday we did it. Morgan was the most reverant
and got a small candy bar. Hallie broke down in tears & quickly learned
what she needed to do to get the reward herself. Now, most Sunday's
it is really hard to decided who should get it. Even Daddy gets it sometimes (that
is if none of the kids have been reverant- He's trying to be reverant in this picture) :)

At this time in life, Brian is trying to find a new job. Something bigger and better where
he is appreciated and where it's a job he loves. He loves building. He spoils me by making
every nook and craney in our house better. He built me a beautiful china hutch for Christmas &
has so much talent. His dream is to have a shop where he can spend all day building furniture and teaching
our kids how to build as well. He is serving as the Ward Missionary Leader and works with one of the Young Men, Greg, in our ward who is amazing. Brian is like an older brother to him and it is neat seeing how similar they are to each other and how much respect they have for each other.
The kids love when Brian gets home, especially Landon. They always run to him and can't wait to tell him about their day. Brian is their hero & I love seeing how much they love him.
I am serving in the Young Womens as a Beehive Advisor and I love teaching these girls. They have so much strength and power. They are beautiful & it is so fun watching them grow and mature. In any spare time I have, when I am not cleaning, reading, or being a Mom, I love to design. Designing is my out & my way to express myself and be creative. I love Pinterest and saving ideas for another day when I have time or just want to unwind from a long day. I hate watching T.V. and never do unless I am watching with the kids when Landon won't let me go. I love cooking dinner for our family & watching 5 people enjoy what I have made. I love spending time with friends and have been so blessed to have so many good friends that surround me. I love being creative & making things for our house and the kids. I love every holiday and making it special. I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I love that I don't have to be anywhere or do anything unless it works with the family schedule. I love keeping our house clean, but have a really hard time keeping my closet clean. It is the hidden corner in our house that rarely sees light... I should probably go organize it now... then maybe I could find treasure I forgot were in there. :)
I love the time Brian & I get to spend together. We try to do some kind of date once a week. I am looking foward to the time when the kids are old enough to babysit. Usually our dates are staying home and watching a movie. Every once in a while we squeeze in a special date of going out and I love those.
Onto the kids...
Landon is a really good little kid, but every so often, he gets put in time out.
He sits on his bed just like this, with a little skowl & folds his arms until
I come back to get him. He is definitely our most obedient child.

Morgan is in a different mood every morning. I always walk into her room
with caution, softly rub her back and tell her it's time to wake up. Most mornings
she is happy, but I do walk around on ice hoping not to disturb her happiness.
Morgan & Hallie don't like having their hair done either. They would rather
look like rag muffins then even brush their hair. Luckily most days I can
get a little elastic in to pull their hair out of their eyes. Jackson is the
same way. He only wants to do his hair if he is having a party at school. At least
they like to brush their teeth.
Each of the kids have their own rooms. At some point I want them to share, but
I have found that it is so much easier now getting them to bed when they have
their own rooms. Plus, they don't get into each others things.
Morgan is such a tenderheart & is such a sweet little girl. She is so excited to
get baptized & talks about it a lot. She is our little planner. She already has
her 8th birthday party planned- the theme, the activites, the food, etc. She
even delegated what she wanted Brian & I to do for her for the party. She
also has her baptism program all planned out & can't wait for the actual day.

Morgan & Jackson love facts. Jackson will watch his favorite show "Wild Kratts" and
then tell me everything about the animal they just talked about on the show. He is
fascinated by sharks, dinosaurs, Magna Rays, and any other kind of animal.
Jackson soaks up so much information and is always talking!!! He gets so
excited to talk to us, that many times he won't sit down at the table, but tries
to stand while eating and talking instead. He wasn't too happy when we took his chair
away for one meal, but he learned his lesson.
Morgan loves collecting everything, especially rocks. When she cleans her room,
I have clean with her so we can sort through papers together. If it was up to her
she would keep everything, even scraps of paper from her recent project.
Morgan would rather create stories or projects instead of watch TV. She is
constantly cutting things out & creating art. We are excited to see where her
creativity takes her. Lately she has been writing poems in her
black binder. They always make me smile because in the middle of the
poem it will say something like "Oh -Yah, Uh-uh" as though the poem
is actually a song.
Morgan is very shy & quiet. She has friends though because every time we go
to her school people are always coming up to her and saying "Hi." She was so
excited to go to school today and find out if the new person in her class is a boy
or girl. She even wrote them a letter
"Dear whatever your name is. What is your name? My name is Morgan. I am looking forward
to meeting you. What do you like to do? Here are some things,
playing
art
P.E.
reading
love, Morgan"
She is very kind to everyone & is a really good little student.
Jackson is not shy. His teacher, Mrs. Hyer, told me at our least
PTC that Jackson is friendly with everyone. Any table that she moves
him to, he is instantly best friends with the person he is sitting next to.
Jackson loves school. He has so many friends and has at least one friend
call to see if he can play every day after school. He loves to play, but
he also loves his down time and would watch T.V. all day if I let him.
Jackson always knows when I am having a bad day, or when I'm not feeling
well. He will come and give me a hug or just sit by me for a minute. I love
that I get one on one time with him everyday after school while the other 2 are napping.
Morgan loves Math, Jackson loves reading. Today I told him to read a couple of
books before he went to play. I went in to find him reading the Book of Mormon.
It touched my heart. He is such a good kid and will be a great missionary one day.

Hallie is crazy, sweet, emotional, demanding, funny, & beautiful all wrapped
into one little body.
She knows what she wants, and she knows how to get it.
Hallie loves pink. Every night she wants me to tell her my made up story about
a princess who is all pink, wears a pink dress, looses her pink shoes, is rescued
by the prince who happens to have her pink shoes, gives her a pink flower, and then
they swim while the princess wears a pink swimming suit. Every night, the same story.
After the story, Hallie sweetly smiles and says, "Thanks Mom!"
Hallie loves candy. She can find it anywhere. She would love to eat cookies, cake,
or candy for breakfast if she could. She loves gum and would chew on a pack of gum
a day if she could. She loves pink gum and her eyes light up when I have some
in my purse.
Hallie & Landon love having snacks while they watch a movie in the morning
while Jackson & Morgan are at school. Usually they have pretzels and marshmellows,
and every once in a while they get goldfish and fruitsnacks.
Hallie is such a good big sister and is so excited for the baby to come so she
can see her little bum.
Hallie loves dressing up and would wear her dressup clothes or swimming
suit every day if I let her.
Hallie is so particular on her clothes. I bought the sweetest cutest dress and she will
not wear it because it looks like pajamas. She often is wearing a skirt with a mismatched
top & her hair in a mess. She loved it one day when I curled her hair. She looked
at herself in the mirror over and over again and said, "Mom, I look so beautiful!"
Hallie can often be a bulldozer. While the other kids will softly wrestle and play with uncles, Grandpa,
or Daddy, Hallie instead runs with all her might and almost knocks everyone over. She is a strong
girl and rarely gets hurt. She is a tough little thing & always sticks up for herself.
Hallie has a wonderful imagination, just like Jackson. The world is full of elves, princesses,
unicorns, & dinosaurs for both of them. I love watching them play with our Loving Family Dollhouse.
They have so much fun & I love hearing Hallie hum or sing as she puts her dolls throughout their house.
She looks so sweet and then, there is a glint in her eye that means trouble
at any minute. She makes life fun & happy and has the best smile.
year, this woman, blogs about where her family is at, at that moment in life.
So, I decided to do the same. These are the moments that we are living right now
that I don't want to forget, but know that I soon will.
First, this picture-
Every Sunday right after church the kids run in the house & sit on the
couch for me to give a reward to the person who was the most reverant
during church. We started it a couple of months ago because I felt like
it was time that our kids started showing respect at church, especially the
first hour. I loved the first Sunday we did it. Morgan was the most reverant
and got a small candy bar. Hallie broke down in tears & quickly learned
what she needed to do to get the reward herself. Now, most Sunday's
it is really hard to decided who should get it. Even Daddy gets it sometimes (that
is if none of the kids have been reverant- He's trying to be reverant in this picture) :)
At this time in life, Brian is trying to find a new job. Something bigger and better where
he is appreciated and where it's a job he loves. He loves building. He spoils me by making
every nook and craney in our house better. He built me a beautiful china hutch for Christmas &
has so much talent. His dream is to have a shop where he can spend all day building furniture and teaching
our kids how to build as well. He is serving as the Ward Missionary Leader and works with one of the Young Men, Greg, in our ward who is amazing. Brian is like an older brother to him and it is neat seeing how similar they are to each other and how much respect they have for each other.
The kids love when Brian gets home, especially Landon. They always run to him and can't wait to tell him about their day. Brian is their hero & I love seeing how much they love him.
I am serving in the Young Womens as a Beehive Advisor and I love teaching these girls. They have so much strength and power. They are beautiful & it is so fun watching them grow and mature. In any spare time I have, when I am not cleaning, reading, or being a Mom, I love to design. Designing is my out & my way to express myself and be creative. I love Pinterest and saving ideas for another day when I have time or just want to unwind from a long day. I hate watching T.V. and never do unless I am watching with the kids when Landon won't let me go. I love cooking dinner for our family & watching 5 people enjoy what I have made. I love spending time with friends and have been so blessed to have so many good friends that surround me. I love being creative & making things for our house and the kids. I love every holiday and making it special. I love being a stay-at-home Mom. I love that I don't have to be anywhere or do anything unless it works with the family schedule. I love keeping our house clean, but have a really hard time keeping my closet clean. It is the hidden corner in our house that rarely sees light... I should probably go organize it now... then maybe I could find treasure I forgot were in there. :)
I love the time Brian & I get to spend together. We try to do some kind of date once a week. I am looking foward to the time when the kids are old enough to babysit. Usually our dates are staying home and watching a movie. Every once in a while we squeeze in a special date of going out and I love those.
Onto the kids...
Landon is a really good little kid, but every so often, he gets put in time out.
He sits on his bed just like this, with a little skowl & folds his arms until
I come back to get him. He is definitely our most obedient child.
Morgan is in a different mood every morning. I always walk into her room
with caution, softly rub her back and tell her it's time to wake up. Most mornings
she is happy, but I do walk around on ice hoping not to disturb her happiness.
Morgan & Hallie don't like having their hair done either. They would rather
look like rag muffins then even brush their hair. Luckily most days I can
get a little elastic in to pull their hair out of their eyes. Jackson is the
same way. He only wants to do his hair if he is having a party at school. At least
they like to brush their teeth.
Each of the kids have their own rooms. At some point I want them to share, but
I have found that it is so much easier now getting them to bed when they have
their own rooms. Plus, they don't get into each others things.
Morgan is such a tenderheart & is such a sweet little girl. She is so excited to
get baptized & talks about it a lot. She is our little planner. She already has
her 8th birthday party planned- the theme, the activites, the food, etc. She
even delegated what she wanted Brian & I to do for her for the party. She
also has her baptism program all planned out & can't wait for the actual day.
Morgan & Jackson love facts. Jackson will watch his favorite show "Wild Kratts" and
then tell me everything about the animal they just talked about on the show. He is
fascinated by sharks, dinosaurs, Magna Rays, and any other kind of animal.
Jackson soaks up so much information and is always talking!!! He gets so
excited to talk to us, that many times he won't sit down at the table, but tries
to stand while eating and talking instead. He wasn't too happy when we took his chair
away for one meal, but he learned his lesson.
Morgan loves collecting everything, especially rocks. When she cleans her room,
I have clean with her so we can sort through papers together. If it was up to her
she would keep everything, even scraps of paper from her recent project.
Morgan would rather create stories or projects instead of watch TV. She is
constantly cutting things out & creating art. We are excited to see where her
creativity takes her. Lately she has been writing poems in her
black binder. They always make me smile because in the middle of the
poem it will say something like "Oh -Yah, Uh-uh" as though the poem
is actually a song.
Morgan is very shy & quiet. She has friends though because every time we go
to her school people are always coming up to her and saying "Hi." She was so
excited to go to school today and find out if the new person in her class is a boy
or girl. She even wrote them a letter
"Dear whatever your name is. What is your name? My name is Morgan. I am looking forward
to meeting you. What do you like to do? Here are some things,
playing
art
P.E.
reading
love, Morgan"
She is very kind to everyone & is a really good little student.
Jackson is not shy. His teacher, Mrs. Hyer, told me at our least
PTC that Jackson is friendly with everyone. Any table that she moves
him to, he is instantly best friends with the person he is sitting next to.
Jackson loves school. He has so many friends and has at least one friend
call to see if he can play every day after school. He loves to play, but
he also loves his down time and would watch T.V. all day if I let him.
Jackson always knows when I am having a bad day, or when I'm not feeling
well. He will come and give me a hug or just sit by me for a minute. I love
that I get one on one time with him everyday after school while the other 2 are napping.
Morgan loves Math, Jackson loves reading. Today I told him to read a couple of
books before he went to play. I went in to find him reading the Book of Mormon.
It touched my heart. He is such a good kid and will be a great missionary one day.
Hallie is crazy, sweet, emotional, demanding, funny, & beautiful all wrapped
into one little body.
She knows what she wants, and she knows how to get it.
Hallie loves pink. Every night she wants me to tell her my made up story about
a princess who is all pink, wears a pink dress, looses her pink shoes, is rescued
by the prince who happens to have her pink shoes, gives her a pink flower, and then
they swim while the princess wears a pink swimming suit. Every night, the same story.
After the story, Hallie sweetly smiles and says, "Thanks Mom!"
Hallie loves candy. She can find it anywhere. She would love to eat cookies, cake,
or candy for breakfast if she could. She loves gum and would chew on a pack of gum
a day if she could. She loves pink gum and her eyes light up when I have some
in my purse.
Hallie & Landon love having snacks while they watch a movie in the morning
while Jackson & Morgan are at school. Usually they have pretzels and marshmellows,
and every once in a while they get goldfish and fruitsnacks.
Hallie is such a good big sister and is so excited for the baby to come so she
can see her little bum.
Hallie loves dressing up and would wear her dressup clothes or swimming
suit every day if I let her.
Hallie is so particular on her clothes. I bought the sweetest cutest dress and she will
not wear it because it looks like pajamas. She often is wearing a skirt with a mismatched
top & her hair in a mess. She loved it one day when I curled her hair. She looked
at herself in the mirror over and over again and said, "Mom, I look so beautiful!"
Hallie can often be a bulldozer. While the other kids will softly wrestle and play with uncles, Grandpa,
or Daddy, Hallie instead runs with all her might and almost knocks everyone over. She is a strong
girl and rarely gets hurt. She is a tough little thing & always sticks up for herself.
Hallie has a wonderful imagination, just like Jackson. The world is full of elves, princesses,
unicorns, & dinosaurs for both of them. I love watching them play with our Loving Family Dollhouse.
They have so much fun & I love hearing Hallie hum or sing as she puts her dolls throughout their house.
She looks so sweet and then, there is a glint in her eye that means trouble
at any minute. She makes life fun & happy and has the best smile.
Landon is at the age of the terrible 2's. He is happy one minute, ornery the next,
cheesy, funny, and sweet & cuddly.
I always wonder which one of the kids will wake up ornery in the morning. Usually
its 1 out of 4. Landon wakes up the same as Morgan. Most days he is happy, but
watch out if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Landon has started getting so mad lately and it is quite funny. This is the look
he gives as his "I am so mad" look, the eyebrows are usually scrunched up a little more
He and Hallie will slap each other back and forth and then are back to being best friends
within the next few minutes.
Landon loves to do anything the big kids are doing. He won't sit in the booster seat (now he has to
because of his cast). He won't sit in the highchair, drink out of a sippy cup, wear a bib, and anything
else that he is the only one doing. He loves to watch the other kids and do anything they are doing.
Landon thinks he is really funny. If Jackson or Hallie are doing something to make everyone laugh,
Landon will quickly come up with his own inside joke or facial expression to get a reaction. We all
laugh and he does it again.
Landon & Hallie are our pickiest eaters. Morgan & Jackson will eat almost anything. They both love
broccoli. Landon hates to have anything cut up. He starts to cry and says "Broken" if we have cut something like pancakes or a sandwich up for him to eat.
Landon is very considerate. He loves Hallie and if I give him a treat or a snack, he immediatly calls for Hallie or looks around for a treat for Hallie so she can have one as well.
Landon is like Morgan. He loves his quiet time where he can just create. He loves to sit on a chair in his room and just hammer away on his little tool bench.
Landon loves to be held and will often lay his head on the shoulder of whoever is holding him.
Hallie & Landon love to hide. Usually Landon will hide under his blanket and just giggle while we pretend to look for him. Their favorite spot to hide is under the changing table.
Landon & Jackson love to cuddle. At night when they are asleep,
I often go in to give each of them a kiss. Morgan & Hallie usually always
push me away from them. Jackson & Landon let me hold them & then
curl into me. Jackson is the only one that comes to our room in the
middle of the night and it usually only happens once every 4 months.
The kids love playing together and for the most part are best friends.
They are so creative with each other.
They love to watch Curious George & then the Brady Bunch while
we wait for Daddy to get home from work and I am getting dinner ready.
We love Friday nights. We usually do pizza, rootbeer, & a movie. Usually
it's homemade pizza, but every once in a while we get pizza from Little Ceasar's,
Dominoes, or Papa Murphy's. The kids are eating more now so we get 2 pizzas now
instead of just 1 pizza feeding all of us.
Morgan and Jackson love shrimp-which we never have except for special occasions.
All of the kids love salad especially when I give them lots of options for toppings.
They love soups- Jackson's favorite is Cheddar Broccoli and Morgan's favorite
is Creamy Chicken Noodle. None of the kids like rice though. They
all love chicken, fruit salad, rolls, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, apples,
sloppy joes, pancakes, eggs, smoothies, & yogurt. I love that they are not too picky.
I love having them all home at the end of the day. Our scripture study lasts for
maybe 2 minutes, our family home evenings are maybe 10, there are always at least
4 eyes open during family prayers. We all love sitting, talking, & laughing around the
kitchen table every night for dinner.
The kids are growing so fast, but there is so much more I want to teach them.
I want them to learn how to clean the house and have daily jobs.
I want them to help each other & serve each other.
I want them to have the desire to treat others with respect.
We are trying to teach them how to be polite.
We are trying so hard right now to teach them that our home will
always be a place that is safe. A place where they will not be made fun of,
where they can laugh & most importantly where they are loved.
I am realizing even more that these moments I am living of dishes,
never ending laundry, baths, dirty floors and counters will one day just be
memories I will cherish for the time I have with just our little family at home.




0 comments:
Post a Comment