Nut Family

Thursday, January 6, 2011

She is crazy & beautiful- all at the same time.


Life with a 2 year old is very entertaining. All of our kids have been very sweet 2 year olds, that is until they hit 33-34 months and then the "terrible three's" start. Although with Hallie, she hasn't been "terrible" just well, um- let me explain it this way... crazy :)
You know you have a crazy & loving 2 (almost 3) year old when---
-She changes her clothes 4 or 5 times a day & over all- prefers to be naked.
-She can pull her clothes off, especially when it is bath time, faster than you can blink.
-Her favorite outfit to wear is a dress, preferably a "dress up" dress so she can feel beautiful
-every time you look at her she is wearing something new.
-you catch her putting on your lip gloss or purfume so she can be beautiful like Mommy.
-She sweetly & yet demanding tells you "she needs a snack" while she watches a movie. In other words, "I want marshmellows & pretzels in a bowl while I watch a moosie."
-She asks for snacks through out the day & isn't patient enough to wait until lunch.
-she runs around crazy & then calms down on your laps & loves reading books.
-Loves candy & can smell it where ever it may be- even when at a friends house, she can smell the candy & find what they didn't even know they had.
-she thinks that it's cool to act crazy like her older brother, especially if she can make people laugh.
-she is being rude & instead of waiting for the punishment, she tells you (the parent) that she is being mean and that she is going to go to her room. I love this phrase as she walks to her room, "I being mean!"
-she is the first one to come & apologize when she has done something wrong.
-she gives herself time out and comes out when she is ready
-did I mention demanding?
-she sees your friend in the ward (who works at your bank) during sacrament meeting & says, "Mommy, can we go to the bank and get a sucker?" :)
-she acts as though she is a football player & runs and attacks her Daddy & uncles. The other kids are cautious, Hallie gives it her all.
-her smile is so beautiful you can't help but be happy when you're around her.
-you ask her "What am I going to do with you?" She sweetly responds, "I don't know what your going to do with me Mommy."
-you say to her when she is half asleep, "Hallie, I love you to the moon and back," and she says, "Me too!"
-she says to you, "Mommy, do you wanna know what... I love you."
-despite all the craziness, at the end of the day, she has brought so much joy & happiness that you can't imagine life without her.
And that is my life with my crazy & loving 2 year old.
I love you my Hallie Belle.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: