Jackson was so tired from opening presents that he needed to take a bath or something like that- I actually don't remember this part of the day. Our kids LOVE bubble baths, especially when they get to take one in our bath tub. Jackson loved all the bubbles. On a side note, Morgan called home from school the other day saying she was sick. (They were talking about what they were having for lunch, and the thoughts of the school's grilled cheese sandwiches made her nauseated.) So I went and picked her up & told her if she was really sick she needed to lay on the couch or her bed all afternoon. I did not think she was really sick & didn't want to make it a fun day for her so she would call again the next day. Anyway, at lunch, Brian called home & when Morgan told him she was sick he said, "Maybe you should go and take a bath in our bathroom and watch a movie!" My thoughts- Are you kidding me- no way- we are not making this a "fun" day for her, and shouldn't "I" be the one taking the nice bath and watching a movie? Yes, that right there shows you which parent is sensitive to their child's needs. :) Now really, in all honesty, if she was puking her little heart out then I would have been a wonderful sweet nurse & would have doted on her all day. However, since she was walking around with in 15 minutes of being home & claiming she needed ice cream for lunch- I knew she was okay. I asked her why she really wanted to come home and her reply was, "I just wanted to spend time with you. I want it to be Saturday again so we can all be together." Ah, sweet thing really enjoys being with all of us & loved spending time with us over Christmas break. Morgan is such a huge help & sometimes I think it really is hard being the only one, other than Daddy that has to leave all day. Anyway- back to Christmas...
After our little family Christmas we all went over to my parents house to talk to my missionary sister Brianna (who is in Texas). We all enjoyed talking to her and can't wait for her to come home. We then opened gifts & there were so many of us! We had such a nice time. I love the picture- I'm not sure what my brother is doing with Rachelle's hair, or what she is doing with his foot- but they are cute & I guess they can get away with it. :) Hallie loved her new "Pinkalicious" doll from Grandma & the kids loved watching a movie (Wizard of Oz) with Carly & Kaylie. We then had a yummy Christmas dinner & spent the night playing games and visiting. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such good family.




0 comments:
Post a Comment