Yesterday was a special day for our family, especially Landon. In our religion (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) we believe that Families are Forever, even beyond this life time. I am so grateful for this basic & important principle. Yesterday, Brian gave Landon a name and a blessing. A name to forever be on the records of the church. It was such a beautiful blessing! Landon was blessed with the talent of a peaceful & patient personality, and to continue to develop these talents to bless the lives of those around him. He & Brian have very similar personalities. I find it so amazing how each of our kids have similarities in our personalities, and I think of our Heavenly Father, and how they must have similar spiritual characteristics from Him as well. What a blessing it is to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ!Here is our sweet little family. I love every one of them so much & feel so blessed to have them as a part of me and my life.
The tired little guy & Brian. Landon was blessed in the same outfit that my brother was blessed in as well as Jackson. One day while I was holding Landon, I looked at his little hands and thought about all that they would do throughout his life time. I then thought about how one day his finger would have a ring on it. A few days later (without even telling Brian my own thoughts) Brian mentioned to me how it was crazy to think that one day Landon would have a ring on his finger. I know this time with him will go so quickly & I love the peace I feel when I hold him and care for him.
These are the men the stood in the circle (minus Jeff who had to leave for another baby blessing) Dad, Cameron, Brian & Landon, Grandpa Spencer,& Uncle Merrill. We are so blessed to have such a supportive & loving family.





4 comments:
SO SPECIAL! I wish I could have been there. I love you so much melissa, you are such a good example to me. Thank you for being who you are. I love you!
I'm so sad I couldn't be there Melissa. I've been having major Landon cravings. There is something about a new born that melts my heart. He is an absolute sweetheart.
He is SO PRECIOUS!!!! How wonderful to have so much family there for the blessing. That would be my dream...to have all of Cory and I's family with us for Hailey's blessing...but it is a pretty crazy thing to dream for since we are all scattered across the country (N. Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Nevada, and California).
I love the thought about our children having the same attributes as our Heavenly Father. What a great thing to remember (especially for me tonight as I am about to pull my hair out b/c my girls are being so disobedient).
What a special day for your family! He lloked absolutely adorable! Makell was sure excited to see him:)!
Post a Comment