Nut Family

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rough Day

It all started this morning at 5:30 when Jackson yelled from his room "I need to go potty!" I quickly helped him to the bathroom & then Brian gave him some medicine. Brian went to work and Jackson & I fell back alseep at 6:30 and woke up at 7:30 to Hallie yelling "MMMMAAAAAAAMMMMMMAAAAA!!!!!!" I got the kids breakfast & let them eat in our bed while watching Curious George & Clifford while Hallie and I ate in the kitchen. Poor Jackson can't move at all, and says that his leg feels that it is on fire. (Brian and I think it's still kind of swollen) He played a couple of George computer games while Hallie slept and Morgan and I made bows for her hair. Then Jackson watched a movie with Morgan while I worked on a project that had to be done today, and then we ate lunch to which Jackson ate 2 corn dogs. He hasn't really eaten anything the past couple of days, so when he said he wanted 2, I let him have it. We then we went outside and ate popsicles and blew bubbles and I made Cinnamon Rolls. So at this point the day had been pretty good and calm. I gave Hallie a bath and got her ready for a nap, finished the cinnamon rolls, and then came back to find Jackson like this... I think he had been really bored, found a highlighter and decided to at least do something creative. Then he said he needed to go to the bathroom. For the past couple of days I have him sit backwards on the toliet so I won't get sprayed on. Today I forgot that rule... plopped him down, and before I knew it, the wonderful liquid was all over me, my jeans, my arm, Jackson's cast, his thigh, the seat, the floor, the toliet, and a little bit in the water. At this point I kind of lost my patience. I tried to tell him to aim down, but to a 4 year old who is just learning what aim means... he didn't quite understand, thus, it went EVERYWHERE!!! I got upset with the urine all over, Jackson was crying because he was hurting, and I think he felt bad that he hadn't made it all in. Poor kid! I cleaned everything up and then gave him a bath. For casts they give you a big leg bag that closes at the top so no water will get in. I've used it in the past and have had no problem with it, and no water has ever gotten in. So I strapped it on Jackson and put him in the tub to relax for a little bit since he hasn't had a bath since Friday. Well, I took him out of the bath, and started to take the bag off, when all of a sudden more than 2 cups of water dumped out of the bag and all over him & the floor. I then got him dressed, and went and put him on the couch and cleaned up. I came back and there had been more water in the cast that had dumped all over him & the couch, so he was all wet again. Thankfully at this point Brian came home & made dinner for us. Jackson fell asleep at 6:30. I think he was one tired boy. It was a long day for both of us. He is such a little sweetheart, and I feel so bad he has to go through this. He is so active, that I think he is just going nuts to be sitting all day long. I think tomorrow will be better. :)
The kids eating breakfast in our bed. Jackson said today when we were getting ready to eat lunch, "Mom, can the broken leg boy say the prayer?" What a cutie!
Hallie decided to join in the fun. Jackson is so blessed to have these 2 sisters. He constantly has one or the other playing with him or watching a movie with him and just keeping him company. He is such a good brother to them & they take such good care of him.
I love my girls & their "cheeeese"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Biggs Family said...

Poor Jackson and poor mommy! YOu are one terrific mommy, Mel and have such a beautiful looking family. Congrats on #4!

Ben and Darci said...

That's a nice blue cast! You are a pro at this by now. The leg bag must be flawed! Some days are just rough, and it's so nice to finally go to bed. Thank goodness kids can be so darn cute, to remind us to enjoy these days while they are little. You and Brian are such great parents :)

The Heaton's said...

What a day! Some days it just one thing after another. You can't help but smile at the silly boy especially with marker all over that cute face!