Nut Family

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jackson's New Blue Cast

Yesterday we had the most enjoyable time at the doctors office. The receptionist told us our wait would be 1/2 hour. Brian quickly found an entertaining magazing (National Geographic) while I searched for something other than "Sports Illustrated" to read. I kept wondering why they didn't have anything else to read, and then remembered I was in a Sports Clinic. I'm used to the obgyn and their many entertaining magazines, which includes the Ensign (I know, only in Utah) :) So, I finally found a magazine for Jackson and I to read (a kids magazine... Highlights or something?) and we began reading after my quick trip to the Vending machine to get a snack for us. Jackson did really well sitting on Brian's lap. When he had to go to the bathroom the 2nd time, I asked Brian how long we had been there. Thankfully by this point we had only been there for 1 hour and 30 minutes!!!! Seriously!!!!! Not to mention, there wasn't anyone else in the room. I asked Brian if we were waiting for a surgery to get done. Brian is so patient. I on the other hand was trying to entertain myself and Jackson. I quickly pulled out my animal friends (Brian doesn't like any of them) I have Sylvester (the snake) who slithers along your arm and attacks you when you least expect it, :) then there is Sally the spider who crawls along your leg, but if you scare her she will bite you... usually in the side or neck, and yesterday I introduced Brian and Jackson to Foo foo the bunny who likes to tickle you with her ears. Brian jumps if he even thinks one of my animals is going to tickle him, which makes the game more fun. He kept trying to kill Sally before she even had a chance to give anyone a little squeeze. Brian said to me (which just makes me laugh) "keep your spider/animal away from, or it's going to die! " Of course that eggs me on. :) It was very entertaining for all three of us though, and made the time go quicker, plus we were all laughing which is always a good sign in a doctors office. I think I had been there for too long when I started wondering what life would be like as a fish... and which fish in the fish tank I would like to be. :) We finally got in to see the doctor, and guess what... yep... Jackson's leg is broken. It's actually a spiral fracture on the tibia, and a small fracture on the fibula. So he gets to wear the cast for 6 weeks. We kept teasing him about getting a pink cast, but he wanted blue.
This is before they put the cast on him. He was shooting his spider web at me.
I love this little face!
A nice navy blue cast, and the doctor was really nice and gave Jackson and I (well one of us was supposed to share with Brian) a package of peanut butter M&M's as a pick-me-up for the end of the day. What a nice doctor... totally worth the wait of 1 1/2 :)
So here he is with the blue cast, walking shoe, & M&M's. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Heaton's said...

What a trooper! Give kids candy and it makes everything better:)!