Nut Family

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Grandpa & Grandma's 50th Anniversary

Brian had been gone since Thursday morning on a fishing trip up in the Uinta Mountains with a friend from our ward, some of his friends, and his brother Jeff. They had such a good time & Brian said the fish were biting so fast he could barely keep his line out. He said he caught around 150 fish-probably because know one really knows about this hidden lake, and it's about a 3 hour hike in. As he & his friend were making all the plans, his friend Cort mentioned that it would be nice, quiet, relaxing, nothing to do, no where to be, you could take naps, explore, or just sit and do absolutly nothing! They then asked me if I wished that I was coming. I told them that I would LOVE to just sit and relax with no noise & nothing to do for a couple of days, but that I didn't really want to hike in with 100 lbs on my back for 3 hours. I'll find my relaxation another way. :) Brian had such a nice time, and it was a much needed vacation. We he met us at my Grandparents house in Heber on Saturday, this was Hallie's reaction. She definatly missed her daddy and laid like this for a little while. I wished I could have jumped in his arms and had him hold me like this too.... Aaaahh Don't ever leave me again! ha ha ha :) Brian came in perfect timing for the big 50's anniversary party for my grandparents.
My mom & her siblings and planned an old fashioned "Soda Shoppe" for the big day. We first all met in Midway to surprise my Grandparents at their hotel for a nice breakfast on the patio. Then we headed to their house to decorate and get things for the party. My grandparents love the 50's. They even have a shop next to their house where my grandpa has fixed up 5 or 6 cars to look & run like they used to. The whole theme inside the shop makes you feel that you have just stepped back into the 50's. The party was a HUGE success & so many people came. It was a great way to celebrate their 50th anniversary.
After the guests had left we all danced to the 50's music playing. Morgan loved dancing with her aunts & uncle, and even Hallie started moving around to the music.
My sister made the cake and it was the best wedding cake I have ever eaten. It was so fun watching my grandparents cut & serve the cake to each other. They are such a huge inspiration to all of us, and it was wonderful being a part of their special day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Heaton's said...

What fun parties!