Nut Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

Fish Lake Highlights


Our family loves going to Fish Lake. This time we had such a great time (even though Brittany & I didn't catch any fish, & didn't even get a chance to color like last year) :)
The best part of the trip was when Jackson caught his fish. We had all gone out earlier, but it was cold and windy and none of us were getting any bites (even the perch weren't biting,and they usually bite like crazy) so we went back in for a little bit. Brian & Jeff went up to the 7 mile stream & fished some there while the rest of us relaxed. Around 5:30 Brian, Jeff, Brittany, Jackson, & I all went out for some more fishing. Jackson was so excited to catch a fish and kept asking Brian & Jeff to fix his fising pole (put the worm on and get it ready) They soon got us all set up and Jackson had his pole in the water. After a little while Jackson said, "Mom, I have a fish!" I looked at his pole and noticed that it wasn't moving or tugging at all & told him that I didn't think he had a fish yet. He waited for another 10 mintues and then said, "Mom, I have a fish" I looked at his pole again and noticed that it wasn't really moving. I said, "Sweetheart, I don't think you have a fish because your pole isn't moving." I was thinking that I didn't want him to think he had a fish, reel it in, and find his worm still there, and have a dissapointed boy. (I know, I'm a little protective of the boy's feelings) He then said, "I have a fish, I saw it splashing!" Right then I looked out and saw a fish jump in the water... about the same distance as Jackson's line. Brian & I both said, "Does he really have a fish?" Jeff then said, I've been seeing a fish jumping back there for the last 20 minutes. Jackson had just been using his little kiddie fishing pole and we were all surprised as Brian reeled in an 18 inch fish...the biggest fish anyone had caught while we were there. I started praying as soon as Brian started reeling the fish in that the fish would stay on because I knew how much it would mean to Jackson. It was so funny how he caught the fish. We were all so excited for Jackson. I asked him how he knew there was a fish on his pole and he said, "Mom, I saw it splashing" oh :) That was the best part of the trip, and meant so much to a little boy with a broken leg, what a fun memory.
Morgan woke up with Brian at 6:30 to go fishing with Daddy & Jeff. She had a really fun time and caught 2 with her little fishing pole. I love that she wakes up and goes with Brian. It's a nice tradition they're starting to have time together. Morgan loves fishing. When I got on the boat, she held up a worm and said as she wiggled the worm in her fingers, "Mom, do you want to eat this for dinner?" of course using her sneaky, teasing smile. :)

On the car ride to Fish Lake. The kids all fell asleep after lunch. Jayden and Morgan decided to switch places for the 15 minute car ride to eat lunch. Brian called Jeff to see how far ahead of us they were and Jeff said, "Is Morgan sick?" Brian said she wasn't and Jeff said she had been throwing up in their car. YUCK! Our kids have never been sick in our car. I asked her if Uncle Jeff was driving crazy & if it was making her sick. ;) Poor girl, actually poor Jeff & Brittany. She were so sweet to clean it all up, and not get too mad at us. :)
At the cabin. Hallie & Collin chased each other the whole time. When Morgan went fishing with Daddy, Hallie & Jackson cuddled with each other and watched a movie.



While Brian & Jeff went to 7 mile, the kids and I stayed with Brittany and her kids & painted our fingernails. Brittany painted Morgans, I painted Jayden's, and Jackson helped paint Hallie's. She actually held really still & let him paint her toes. We had such a fun time at Fish Lake. Boyd and Karen were so sweet to take all of us, and help with the kids. Morgan said her favorite part was going with Grandpa & Jayden to get a popsicle. We loved spending time with the family, and it was so nice, relaxing, and enjoyable. We can't wait until next year.Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like fun. I am glad you had a great time!

The Heaton's said...

What a fun little trip! I guess Jackson's broken leg didn't slow him down any! It sounds like we need to take lessons from Jackson! I am thinking that Fish Lake needs to be in our future plans! Love the pics!