The day has come, and I have wondered, "Am I ready for this?" Tomorrow I will be taking a diving class, only in this class, I am not instructed on how to dive, or even swim. I just show up & dive right in the water, with no looking back, but my focus in a new & different direction. I always knew this day would come, the day my baby would go to kindergarten, and I always told myself I wouldn't cry because I would be so excited for her & all that she would learn. The excitement is still there, but the questions keep going through my mind of - Have I taught her what she needs to know to make friends on her own? Have I taught her enough of who she is, and how to handle things alone, and with out Mom or Dad right by her side? Have I taught her how to treat people kindly and accept everyone, even though they may be different? Have I taught her how to be respectful towards everyone, especially adults? and Have I taught her that home will always be a place she can come to for love & peace? So many questions run through my mind, and I think am I really ready for this? I know that we both have so much more to learn together, & that all of these questions take time, but for now, if I'm ready or not, tomorrow is coming, and it's time to dive in.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Am I ready for this?
The day has come, and I have wondered, "Am I ready for this?" Tomorrow I will be taking a diving class, only in this class, I am not instructed on how to dive, or even swim. I just show up & dive right in the water, with no looking back, but my focus in a new & different direction. I always knew this day would come, the day my baby would go to kindergarten, and I always told myself I wouldn't cry because I would be so excited for her & all that she would learn. The excitement is still there, but the questions keep going through my mind of - Have I taught her what she needs to know to make friends on her own? Have I taught her enough of who she is, and how to handle things alone, and with out Mom or Dad right by her side? Have I taught her how to treat people kindly and accept everyone, even though they may be different? Have I taught her how to be respectful towards everyone, especially adults? and Have I taught her that home will always be a place she can come to for love & peace? So many questions run through my mind, and I think am I really ready for this? I know that we both have so much more to learn together, & that all of these questions take time, but for now, if I'm ready or not, tomorrow is coming, and it's time to dive in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
i know exactly how you are feeling right now! good luck tomorrow morgan.
I have no doubt that you have taught her all she needs to know, and that if she does have a problem she'll know she can come to you. Morgan is blessed to have you as her mother.
Post a Comment