Nut Family

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stories to Make You Smile

I have more pictures to post from Morgan's birthday, but much to Brian's dismay, I HAD to post this story. This morning I went to a baptisim (sp?) I was planning on taking Morgan with me, but it was at 9:00 and Morgan wasn't dressed, and I couldn't find her sandals, so I decided that she wasn't going to go with me. I left, and Brian was SO SWEET and decided to get the kids dressed and ready. He thought that the clothes that I had laid out for Morgan to wear to the baptisim were clothes that I had set out for him to dress Hallie in. Hmmm... so here she is in clothes that are meant for a 4 year old. I asked Brian at what point he realized that they weren't her clothes. He said it was when Morgan who was kind of upset said, "Hey, those are my clothes!" Brian thought that they were bigger clothes like 6-9 months for Hallie. How funny! Morgan has worn this skirt so many times, but I don't think guys are really into details after all. :) But hey, to give Brian credit, at least she had clothes on with a clean diaper, the kids were all happy & fed, and the kitchen was clean, plus he made me laugh. :)
Our cute kiddies
oh, and by the way, Morgan is styling her own hair these days. You've got to love the clips!
On to our next story. Last week, after the kids were showered & dressed, I was doing my hair, and hadn't had time to comb Morgan's yet, so she decided to comb it herself. It was still wet, and while it was drying, she combed it very nicely into this mess. Yep, it is wrapped around the comb. How she did it, I'm not quite sure, but she did a pretty good job. I worked on it for a little bit, and I couldn't tell if I was helping the situation, or making it worse, so I called my neighbor across the street who has 5 daughters. She came and saved the day, and got it out in no time! Hmmm, maybe next time I should comb it quicker. :)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Oh that is soooooo funny about the clothes mix up! I think it is so funny when I'm gone and Ben is getting Riley dressed for the day...some of the outfits he puts together are BIG fashion no-no's! Guys are funny :)

Inspiration Station said...

Now that is something Greg would do. :) He sometimes mixes up my girls' clean clothes after folding them. Such good husbands to help out even though it wasn't what we would have done.

The Heaton's said...

How funny!! That totally made me laugh out loud! There have been several times I have asked Adam why he let the girls dress themselves and he hesitates to tell me that HE was the one that did it! At least they try!
Analice

Lena said...

lol! Well, it's okay Brian. I think it's more common than you know. My husband once gave my then-year-old my then-2-year-old's clothing to dress in when we were on vacation. I came in and saw that she actually FIT into the shorts and just had to laugh.

Lisa said...

aww that is so cute! dont you just love husbands. when i see melissa wearing some weird outfit i sometimes have to wonder if she dressed herself or if patrick did it for her. i dont dare say anything in fear of hurting someones feelings :)

Kellie said...

how funny! It was great to see you guys today! I was sad I didn't have a lot of time to catch up though! Hope you enjoyed your day! Hope to see you soon!

Melissa said...

What a sweet husband and cute story!

Frampton Family said...

Wow, you've had some eventful days. That's hilarious that Brian put a four year old outfit on Hallie. I see Josh doing the same some day. As for the Morgan hair incident. I remember doing the same thing. Ha! She is so darn cute.

Bon said...

Oh my heck Haley is so chunky i love it!! Why can't I have babies with those chubby cheeks! Oh they are all so cute I want to squish them!

Lindsey said...

That is a funny story! It is so true about guys not being very detail oriented! All I can say about Morgan's hair with the comb is ouch!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

The funny things our children do! How long did it take to get that comb out? Poor girl, my daughter would freak out if she did that!