The last 2 days have been LOOOONNNNGGGG!At 4:00 when I woke up with Hallie, I thought.."Good I have 3 more hours to sleep before the kids wake up" well, those 3 hours went fast. Luckily the kids slept in until 7:30. I was so tired though, and got a little teary eyed as Brian left for the day, thinking, can I really survive another day of taking care of these kids when there are 3 of them, and only one of me??? I soon realized, I really didn't have any other choice... I don't think my fairy godmother was going to show up, so I got out of bed, & went to see how the kids were doing. Brian is such a sweetheart, because he always gets them breakfast started & entertains them before he leaves for work. So today, they were happy. I walked out, and this is what I found. Morgan wanted to hold Hallie, and with all 3 of them sitting there in their cute pajamas, I couldn't help but take a picture. Our typical day is long! The kids eat, make a mess, we watch Curious George (8:00 a.m. I don't know what I would do without that little monkey... watch for an " Ode to Monkey George in upcoming posts) & then start the day, I take my 5 minute shower, 10 minutes if I'm lucky, clean up the mess made while I was in the shower, play with the kids, do breakfast dishes, give the kids a bath, or at least get them dressed, & if I'm really lucky, I actually get to eat something before 10:00. 10:30 we watch a movie while I do something like laundry for the 5th time this week, eat lunch, and at last the kids take a nap! This is the time when I SIT! :) I eat, read, & use the computer, & just rejuvenate myself. The kids sleep for 2 hours, and if I'm really lucky, Morgan will even take a nap while Jackson & Hallie sleep. The kids then wake up for a snack & play & even argue with each other a little more, and then, around 5:00 I hear one of my favorite sounds all day the sound of the garage door opening, and I know my help has arrived. :) I was thinking about it yesterday, and how nice it will be when the kids are all in school, and I will have all day to myself to get LOTS of things done, but then I thought about how lonely it will be. How lonely it will be to not hear little giggling because they're making a mess with the soap and it's so funny, or the funny little things they say that just make me laugh, or even at least being blessed to having a little mess to clean up after. Today I was grateful that while I was getting dressed after my quick shower, & Hallie was crying, that Morgan went & gave her the pacifier & sang "I love to see the temple" to her and immediatly Hallie calmed down and went back to sleep, and I thought, "I am doing something right!" And, even the little mess I had to clean up (Jackson decided to spread his nice blue toothpaste over anything that looked like it needed some color in our bathroom while I was in my 5 minute shower) really wasn't that bad. My mom came today to watch the kids while I went to the grocery store, and I am so grateful that I have someone like her that can help me & is such a good friend to me. At the grocery store I saw 2 of my really good friends from my ward, & realized what a blessing it is that I'm able to have a car to drive to the store, and to have $ to buy groceries for my family... plus some fun things like ding-dongs for Brian :) I feel so blessed, and at the end of the day, I realize that I really am living in paradise!
Here's some nice pictures of us in the morning, and by the way, X-May on the makeup- Kay! :)
We took turns with the camera. :)







10 comments:
Wow, sounds a lot like my day minus one kid :-) You seem like you're a GREAT mom! Very cute pics! I love PJ pictures!
Oh Melissa, it gets easier, it really does. I never had 3 that little but I'm sure I'd have gone crazy some days. I keep thinking I should send my kids to school and maybe my house would be cleaner, lol. But I get the fun of watching them learn all kinds of things and I wouldn't trade it for a spotless house. (Well, not today anyway!) Ask me again tomorrow.
I'm glad to know you feel the same way as me. Keep up the good work. I love you!
You are an amazing mother!! I admire you more than you know!! You and Brian are such wonderful parents to such wonderuful children!! I remember feeling overwhelmed when Makell was little. As I go back through my journal, it's those times that make me laugh and put a smile on my face! If you ever need a break or just time for yourself PLEASE call!
Analice
Your amazing Mel, that's all I can say is you are absolutely amazing...
You are an awesome mom. I remember those 5 minute shower days. Least your kiddos didn't call 911 like mine did on several occasions! The sight of a police officer at the door really gets their attention!
your kids are absolutely adorable! just breathtakingly beautiful. you are a wonderful mom, i know because i break down at times with just melissa the thought of three drives me crazy. but you do it and have a wonderful husband who is so helpful. good luck, i really admire you!
Melissa, I love this post because it's so wonderful that you are wise enough to realize that these are moments you will miss someday! A lot of people get older and wish they would have enjoyed those moments more, but I think you ARE realizing that these are special times. I'm sure it's VERY hard at times, but you do it and your sweet little kids are proof that you are a GREAT mom!!!
Keep up the good work Melissa. You are such a great mother. And these pictures really capture how much your kids adore you.
I honestly couldn't survive without Curious George either. Boston watches it at 3 and 5 pm if we are home.. those 24 minutes go by so fast! But besides his usually short nap it's the only time I get to clean up his messes before he makes them again! I don't know how you do it but you are an amazing Mom!
Post a Comment