Our wall in our kitchen was red, and needed a change, so when Brian went on his fishing trip, I stayed up late every night & painted it- yep purple. :) I showed him the color before & painted it while he was gone so he couldn't disagree when he came home because of all my effort. :) He said, "Wow, it's really purple!" It's actually an eggplant color & came out a little brighter than what I wanted, but we do like the color & I love the end result with all the pictures on the wall. The scrapbook paper pieces on the wall are actually covering cork board, so I will cover those with more picturs & some of my favorite quotes- that is when I have time. I love the big pictures of the kids & the overall look.
Oh, and my stools used to be cherry but I wanted them black to go with the rest of the kitchen. My friend taught me how to make them look distressed and I love the end result of those too. The kids love that they have color on them.




4 comments:
I love the purple and the stools! You motivate me to not be such a chicken about my house!
You are AMAZING Melissa!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new wall!!! I need to come over and see it! You have always been SO talented!!! What darling kids you have! I love my grand kids!
LOVE the purple. I know you weren't sure about it at first, but I think it looks great! I love the walls and your photo arrangement! I am so stealing this idea!
i wish i was as crafty as you! the purple wall is amazing! and the stools are awesome! you will have to get into detail about how the stools were done
Post a Comment