Nut Family

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pickin' Berries

Last year we had such a fun time picking raspberries & the kids couldn't wait to go back again. This time we decided to bring Daddy along. We went on Monday night for FHE and we had such a nice time! There were so many berries & the weather was perfect. It was a nice cool night with a beautiful sunset & we were all enjoying nature while eating a couple of raspberries. The kids each got their own little buckets tied around their waists & soon began picking & eating the berries. Hallie would fill her bucket a little bit, eat them, & then come and ask me if she could have some of mine. Morgan would fill her bucket & then dump them into Brian's & Jackson worked so hard to fill his bucket up to the very top all by himself. Brian & I had a really nice time picking our own berries & hearing the kids around us. After gathering around 8 pounds of berries & some blackberries, we went home and Brian made us some delicious raspberry shakes. They were so yummy!!! Yesterday I made freezer jam & then we had more raspberries, pancakes, & the best buttermilk syrup for dinner. We all love raspberries & it's a fun tradition we've started for the beginning of fall.
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!! That looks so yummy and fun! I've looked for u pick farms around here and there just aren't any close by. I loved doing that in North Carolina. What are you going to do with all those delicious berries?

Calee said...

I love your purple wall, I wish I had some interior decorating skills!
Congrats on signing up for a half marathon, you are more of a woman than I am, I'd love to get that serious about running!

The Heaton's said...

I love taking my family there! It makes for a fun evening! Maybe we should take Jackson with us next time! :) He is quite the little berry picker!