Nut Family

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Labor Day- Payson City Onion Days 10K

I decided to run in the 10k to help keep myself motivated for the 1/2 marathon I signed up to do. I told Brian the other day that I hate running, and yet at the same time- I love it! :) It was nice having a group of friends to run with, however, they were all like Speedy Gonzales & raced to the finish line! I felt more like the turtle- slow & steady. :) Nicole was so sweet! She hadn't registered for the race & at 10:30 the night before, she told me she wanted to come & run it with me & cheer me on. It was so nice running with her. It made the hour go by fast & we were able to talk & enjoy ourselves until mile 4.5 when I was exhausted! I didn't know where the finish line was & she was like my personal cheerleader saying, "Come on Melissa! We're almost there! You're doing great! The finish is so close & you'll see Brian with a big smile on his face!" ha ha ha- it worked. We ran & pushed to the end & seeing Brian was exactly what I needed for that final boost. At the end they did a drawing & they drew my name last. I won this handy little MP3 player- very cool! :)
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa said...

youre doing a half?? no way! when? congrats girl on the 10k! proud of you. i really need to get back into running

Lisa said...

and p.s. you look awesome!!