Nut Family

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Morgan's 1st day of 1st grade

  Morgan had her first day of first grade on Tuesday. It was a long day without her here at home! I really missed her! She had a great time at school though. She & her friend Laryn planned on matching the first day of school with their purple sparkly shirts. Laryn's mom (Julie) and I had taken the girls shopping & to lunch the week before school & we had such a fun time. The girls were hoping they could confuse their new teacher on who was Morgan & who was Laryn. :) Here is Morgan's first week top 10 or most talked about things when she came home.
1. Eating lunch at school.
2. Choosing a hot dog or corn dog for lunch on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday & finally Friday having a home lunch.
(I think the school gives other options besides hot dogs- at least I hope so) :)
3. Choosing chocolate milk or strawberry milk for lunch. (Lunch was a big deal!)
4. Having to sit at the "Boy" table for lunch with her friend McKenzie.
5. Having her 2 best friends (McKenzie & Laryn) in her class & at her table.
6. Having 3 recesses.
7. Getting a note from Mom in her home lunch on Friday & saying to Laryn, "What! Why did I get a note in my lunch?!" :)
8. Saying her new teacher, Mrs. Bates, is nice & sweet.
9. Doing homework, being at school & having a great week, not to mention being dressed and ready by 7:15 every morning (all on her own) - making it a great week. And, our favorite moment of all...
10 The gingerbread man!!!! Morgan & her class made 2 gingerbreads. One boy & one girl. They put them in the oven and 2 kids went to check on them with the teacher. When Morgan got in the car, she looked kind of sad, and this was our conversation...
Me: Morgan, what's wrong? Did something happen at school?
Morgan: (with a look of mixed emotions-ready to cry, excited, happy, sad, concerned)
Yes! Guess what Mom! The gingerbread man ran away!!!!
Me: (while trying not to laugh) Are you serious! Where did it go?
Morgan: We don't know!!! We're supposed to see if we can smell it & find crumbs to see where it went.
Jackson: (chiming in now to help find the gingerbread couple) Maybe they went to Disneyland!!!
Morgan: yeah, that's what someone in my class said, or they went to St. George.
Me: What if your principal saw them running down the hall & ate them?
Morgan: (thought about it for a minute) and then said, No, he knew we were making them, so he wouldn't eat them.
Maybe they're in our backyard.
Me: I know where they are! I bet they ran away so they could get married!
Morgan: But that would mean that the gingerbread man would be married to a girl with long red hair. We used licorace for her hair Mom. Maybe they went to Disneyland
By this time we were home
Jackson: Morgan, lets look in the backyard & see if they came to our house.
Morgan: yeah, maybe they jumped the fence.
So, the kids went and looked outside for about 15-20 minutes looking for clues. I'll have to tell Mrs. Bates thank you for such an entertaining afternoon. :)
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Heaton's said...

I love the picture of Morgan and Lauren! They look so cute and happy! Love your conversation! I had forgotten about the gingerbread man activity until you mentioned it! First grade is so much fun!

Ben and Darci said...

Morgan is SO cute. I can't say it enough! Riley told me that their gingerbread man ran away too. But they found their's and ate him already. See you at the 10K! Bring it :)

Jen said...

Hey Melissa, its Jen from KK (wow that was forever ag) and our husbands know eachother from their missions. I found your blog from Cynthias and I saw the family pictures Shannon did for you, loved them! Just wanted to say hi! Adorable family by the way!