Last night Brian and I were able to go with all of my family to the temple and do sealings (of some family names my mom had done). My grandparents were also able to come and it was such a neat experiences seeing each of my siblings with their spouses, my grandparents, & Brianna all dressed in white & in the temple. Carly & Kaylie (the youngest 2 went to do baptisms for the dead) Now, who watched all the kids???? My brother-in-law Jared has a wonderful mother & sister in law and they were so sweet to come and watch all 8 grandkids at our house. It was so sweet of them to do it, and meant the world to us. Here are their kids with Brianna. It's crazy to think that she will only be gone for 18 months, yet how much will change, especially the kids while she is gone.
I am SOOO excited for Brianna!!! I always wanted to go on a mission. Part of me wishes I was going with her. How exciting it must be to go to the MTC today along with so many other missionaries & learn more about teaching the gospel to those who are waiting. Last night after the temple she was set apart, and the Stake President talked about how the MTC is protected, & how each of these missionaries are protected through out their missions as they are obedient. I am so happy for her and the choice she has made in putting her life on hold to serve the Lord. She will be such a wonderful missionary & will touch the lives of so many. We will miss her a lot, but what greater place to be then in the service of our Lord.
One more picture before she left of all the sisters (minus Rachelle). I am so grateful to have each of these sisters in my life. Brianna looks so cute & missionary like. I noticed a big difference in last night before she was set apart and today. Today she looks like a missionary. She has the fire in her eyes of being ready to preach the gospel. I am so excited for her!I watched my mom this week as she was helping get Brianna ready with all the last minute details. Many times my moms eyes would have tears and I thought a lot about how, I wasn't sad, or really feeling any emotion. Then last night when we left the temple, I put myself in my mom's place and thought about how I will feel when I send Jackson out on his mission... how I will want to spend every possible moment with him before he leaves. Not because of the fear that something would happen to him, but just to feel of his spirit, & personality, to soak in who he is, and the boy that I have raised. I am happy now that Jackson at this young age has the desire to serve a mission. I never want to pressure our kids to do anything, which is why it was so neat last week at the parade for both Jackson and I to have the missionarys give him high-fives. Neat for him because they were cool big guys who teach about Jesus. Neat for me because of the example they are setting for Jackson that he can follow without feeling pressured by us. I am excited for the day when he will make the choice to serve the Lord.
This morning we had a nice breakfast as a family & then my dad gave Brianna a father's blessing. Because of the swine flu they are not letting families come into the MTC. Instead, each missionary can have one car drop them off at the curb. When we explained this to Morgan she was really confused that we would just leave Brianna on the curb with out anything. ;) After our breakfast my parents and two youngest sisters took Brianna to the MTC. I am grateful that we could spend time together before & feel of the love of our Savior as Brianna got ready to go. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to belong to the true gospel & for the blessings the Lord provides for me and my family.




2 comments:
I can't believe that she is already in the MTC. I swear she just got her mission call! What a great blessing for you and your family. I wish Brianna all the best.
How exciting to have a sister on a mission!! I always wanted to serve a mission as well...I guess I'll just have to wait to do it as a senior missionary. Brianna looks so happy in these pictures. She will be a wonderful missionary. I didn't ever know her that well, but I do know that she has some INCREDIBLE parents and siblings!!! What a great blessing it will be for your children to hear all about the wonderful experiences she will have.
Post a Comment