Last night we had some friends over for dinner and I think the kids had a little bit too much sugar with their 4 pieces (each) of watermelon and cake and icecream. I had a Primary meeting at 8:00 and Brian put the kids to bed. He thought they were asleep until Jackson walked out in the living room and I got a glimpse of his face. He ran back to his room really quick & he went and grabbed him to show his pretty face to my friends. I then went and handed him off to Brian, but not before seeing their room. Morgan and Jackson had decided to play Maids & artists and had taken off all of their sheets & comforters. However, I don't think they had any intentions to actually wash the sheets and put them back on again. Jackson's whole body was covered with a nice green dry erase marker (which thankfully came off very easy & thankfully it wasn't a permanant marker... that would give something for people to talk about this weekend as I'm sure it would still be on for the 4th of July) :) So anyway, as Brian put all the sheets back on he told the kids they had lost the privelage to sleep in their beds (which is something they hate) and that they needed to sleep on the floor (since I was using the living room, they couldn't use bathtub as you remember from a previous post) This is how we found Jackson. We couldn't help but take a picture. Brian is so much more calm then I am. I think he counted to 100 to calm down before he decided what to do. I would have counted to 2 & still probably would have lost it. :)
The other night Brian and I were talking about how sometimes we feel as though we live at the Circus. This all came because Jackson was outside and had a number 2 accident in his pants. Morgan was being the big helper sister and decided to bring in the dirty shorts & underware, of course dropping the evidence on the kitchen floor. She then accidentally stepped on the evidence (of course wearing tennis shoes with a thousand grooves) and began walking around the kitchen, (not sure where to sit as Brian & I were telling her to sit down) until I finally pushed her down & she stayed. It was SOO much FUN cleaning this all up, and I used almost the whole bottle of Lysol (not really, but close) :) So with these past 2 experiences, you can see how sometimes life does feel like the circus. Although, we wouldn't trade it for anything. It adds more adventure & humor to our lives. :) You can't help but smile and the pose and the artistic job. Jackson will have a full book of funny pictures & experiences about himself, which is what life is all about... right? :)




3 comments:
Oh Melissa, that is so funny! I am laughing now because I only have a baby, but in a few years you will be past this stage and I will be in it and knowing how you felt! Good thing kids are so adorable right?! So you can't stay mad for long! Your kids are so cute!
It's good to be able to laugh at all the craziness children bring into our lives! Hallie really cracks me up, the way she just hollers out. If an adult did that, it would be so rude :) But with her, it's just cute and funny. She makes me look forward to when Malia is a toddler.
That is the funniest thing! LOL! So what did Morgan look like or was she just the artist? What would we do with out our kids? There definately wouldn't be as much laughter!
Post a Comment