Nut Family

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Oquirrah Mountain Temple

Yesterday we had the privelage of being able to go to another temple open house. The Oquirrah Mountain Temple. It was beautiful! My favorite part was sealing room. There were a lot of people there and towards the end of the tour they had a group of us come into the sealing room and closed the door. The room was so quiet and peaceful. A sweet couple talked to all of us about how families can be together forever by being sealed for time & all eternity. They shared their own experience & testimonies with us of the importance of being together forever. I am so grateful I can be with my sweet little family forever. I can't imagine life without them. As we were in the sealing room, I asked Jackson how he felt. I asked him if he felt like it was cold and scary in the room, and he said, "No, it's warm" I explained that it was warm because the Holy Ghost was here because it is Heavenly Father's house and they are happy we are here. It was so neat sitting with him and our little family in the sealing room & feeling of the sweet spirit.

After the tour they have a visitors area where they give you a cookie & water while you look around at all of the pictures & visit with missionaries. I love this picture with the Savior. I can truly feel Him in our lives and as a part of our family.
Here is our family trying to get a good picture outside of the temple. :) Karen (Brian's mom) was so sweet to come with us. We had such a nice time being in the temple with Grandma.
The kids loved the temple. Morgan kept posing with the temple brochure and asking me if she could keep all the pitures. Jackson just doing one of his usual boy poses. Hallie would walk on the stairs and then sit down and say "Cheese" over and over again. The temple was beautiful inside and out & I am so thankful we could go.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Heaton's said...

What sweet pictures! We are so fortunite to be able to do this with our families! I am so glad our children will have these memories to reflect back on as they grow up!

Elise said...

Those are priceless pictures of your beautiful family. That temple looks extraordinary--how nice that you were able to spend some time there together. What a neat experience!

Melanie said...

Here is your stalker again...hahaha.

I love these pictures. I love that you got to share that great experience with your children and what a great teaching opportunity for them to understand the importance of recognizing the Holy Ghost in their lives! You are an amazing mother and I am grateful that I have you in my life!