Nut Family

Friday, March 13, 2009

He Shouldn't Have told Me!

The other night Brian told me something he shouldn't have... He calmly said, "Guess what I saw today?" Me: What? Him: "I saw a MOUSE in the GARAGE!!!!" After I started breathing again I said, "You Did???!! Where???!!!!" He said, "I actually saw him twice, he's hiding under the outside fridge" Now at this point I started shaking... you know how you do when you almost hit a cat, or a bird almost flies into your windshield...yep just like that (not that either of the above things have happened to me) :) So, yesterday, I stayed inside all day... other then walking to my neighbors (in which I didn't have to go in the garage) all of a sudden I was afraid of EVERY little crack or empty space... what if there are mice everywhere... what if there is a nest full of little mice in the garage, just waiting to come out and attack me... Ugh, have I ever mentioned that I HATE mice! I can deal with snakes, spiders, lizards, etc... but MICE! No Way! When we first moved here, the people before us had left a nice little tally on the wall of how many mice they had spoted & killed in their garage... it gave me peace of mind to see 5 or 6 little marks... when we first moved in I was helping Brian out and mowing the backyard, when one of Cinderella's little friends got in my way & I didn't notice what had happened until my 2nd time around the yard ( I won't go into too much detail) I screamed while doing a crazy dance & ran in the house, leaving the rest of the yard for Brian to finish, since then, I scared them all off and we haven't had any... until NOW! I better get mowing again. :) I had promised the kids we would watch Ratitouee (sp?) yesterday, so all day MICE where on my mind... do I really dare go in my garage again? What if it jumps out at me... if I see it, we're moving! :)

5 comments:

JPI said...

Mice aren't so bad. I saw a mouse once in your backyard two years ago. Melissa, it's time to get a cat.

Melanie said...

hahaha. You love 'em as much as I do! Get glue boards. they aren't very nice to the poor mouse, but they work great! put a chocolate chip in the middle of it to draw it to it.

Jbird08 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Heaton's said...

Sooo that is wear that loud ear piercing scream came from last summer:)! I hate mice too! I have had several people ask me if we have ever had a mice problems before because they have? Thank goodness NO! I guess you can be glad that it's only in the garage!

The Everyday Housewife said...

We had a mouse in our garage under our fridge, too! Maybe they are friends! Or, maybe, they know a way into the fridge. Uh, oh!!