Happy St. Patricks Day! I didn't even think of something fun to do for dinner this year. Thankfully my sweet sister invited us over for a yummy dinner... unfortunatly her husband doesn't like green mashed potatoes or green milk... maybe next year. :) The kids had fun dressing up in green. I sang the song to them that I learned when I was little..."Today is the day for the wearing of the green, Today is the day when the little people sing, Today is St. Patricks day, da da da da da da, do de do de do de wop, de de, de, dedle de doo (obviously I forgot the last part & 2nd verse of the song, but it did make them smile as their crazy mom tried to sing the song to them.)
Isn't this such a silly tradition- one day of the year we wear green! I went to Wal-Mart and I thought how funny this was that all of us random American's wear green just because of the 17th day in March. Although my sister in law got a nice surprise... she had her sweet little lucky charm (baby boy) this morning at 6:30. 2 weeks early!!! This little guy is full of surprises! He is such a cutie & We are thrilled to have a new nephew.
While I went to the hospital to meet our new little nephew the kids went to my parents house. Grandma helped them make green frosted cupcakes. Yummy!
Today Morgan's pre-school teacher called and said they had to cancel pre-school today because they had the flu. When I got off the phone I told Morgan I was sorry that she couldn't go to school because her teachers were sick. She said really happy: "Really! I don't have to go to school!" I said, "Yeah, did you not want to go to school?" And this is why she didn't want to go to school...A couple of weeks ago we were talking about St. Patricks Day and Brian mentioned how a little leprechaun came to his school and flipped over all the chairs and left green hand prints all over the desks, walls, and ceiling, and of course left some little treats. Well, I asked Brian what he thought about it when he was a kid and he said, "I thought, wow, that must have been one mad little leprechaun!" Well, a week ago Morgan didn't want to go to school because she was afraid the leprechaun would be at her school.. I told her to call me if he was there, and I would come and pick her up, obviously he wasn't there, but since today was St. Patricks Day she was sure he would be there, and so was happy she didn't have to go in case she ran into him. :)
(Sorry if I told that story already) :)
Me & my cute girls. Jackson is taking the picture. I love being able to stay home with them. Even though some days are crazy and I loose my patience, I love them more than anything.




4 comments:
You are seriously the cutest mom I know Melissa. Your kids are so lucky to have you as a mother. I can tell that they just adore you.
P.S I tried one of your cookies today and was in complete heaven. Thanks!
I love your St. Patrick's Day pictures! Jackson did a great job with the camera! He's going to take after you!! Carson wasn't sad about preschool being cancelled either. He actually told me he's never going back. Ha! Ha!
That's a funny little leprechaun story! A little creepy :) Will you please sing that song for me sometime...I can't quit imagine the tune, but I'm sure it's a fun one.
Sweet pics!
Post a Comment