Nut Family

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Good Old Fashioned Flour Game

Once upon a time there was a boy who had heard about the flour game, but had never played it, ALMOST every night, the boy would dream about the day that he would one day be able to taste the bland mushy gross taste of flour & saliva mixed in his mouth. :)
Years went by, and on a beautiful snowy day in March after a delightful 5 minute family home evening lesson where the little boys ( now a man) children sat like little angels & listened with their cute little ears perked & attentive the entire time, & sang the songs with out any fighting over who got to lead, or pray... his dream of the flour game came true. After the 5 minutes of perfectness, his sweet & adorable wife said, "I have a fun game we can all play" (thinking that she was the ONLY one who knew how to play the game) the boy (now a man) jumped to his feet and said, "Are you serious? I know what game we're going to play! I've always heard about this game & I've waited my whole life to play it, wow... you are fulfilling even more of my dreams" (okay, maybe I added that last part) :) The cute wife was completly surprised! They went on to play not 1, but 5 rounds of the Good Old Fashioned Flour Game. The children thought this was the greatest game ever & thought their parents were so cool! (let's hope this is what they always think of us. ) :) And the boy... well, he couldn't have been happier... his dreams had come true. :)
Jackson was sticking his face in the flour even before it was knocked down & Morgan followed. She thought it was a great idea, until she got the nice taste in her mouth & then she started looking a little sick. :)
We used yummy chocolate cadbury eggs because we didn't want the kids to choke on a penny.
And here is the Handsome Boy... fulfilling his life long dreams! :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jbird08 said...

I want to measure you guys for a coffin. Ask your Mom how to do that even better have her show you.

Melanie said...

Where is your photo with flour on your face? did you really play?

The Everyday Housewife said...

So fun!! I have never heard of this game. I feel a little out of the loop. Please pass on the details!! Love the pix!

Lindsey said...

I have to admit I have never played this game either. It looks like a lot of fun though!

The Heaton's said...

Oh my goodness! Those are the funniest pictures! You need to fill me in because I have never played that before! I want to do that with the kids and Adam. I will keep this post a secret so they will have no idea;)!!