
Have you ever been in a crowd of people, and lost a child??? Yeah, I now have, and I
NEVER want to experience that again!!!! Today my parents invited us to come to their city for "City Day's" and watch the parade with them. The kids LOVED all the candy, and by the end were finally getting used to the idea of running to pick up the candy when it was thrown. It was really hot, so Brian went and sat under a tree with Hallie. Jackson was right by my side with his hand on my shoulder, and all of a sudden he was gone. I mean within like 2 seconds, he was gone. I looked around really quick and told my parents that Jackson was gone, and then I ran and told Brian. And of course at this time the parade ends, and everyone is getting up and walking around, plus the traffic has started again. I had no idea which way to go... right, left, straight, stay in the same place... luckily my parents and sister were there, so my mom stayed with Morgan, my dad and another guy went off one way, and my dad notified the police, and my sister, Brian and I all split in different directions. I started looking, and imagining the terrible things that could have happened... he was right by my side, and I didn't know if someone had just come and scooped him up, or if he walked off, would I get to hold him again, or was he hit by a car... (yeah I think I worry a little too much) So, I knew there was only one thing I could do beside look... I needed to pray! I stopped & stood still for a minute & said a silent prayer. Now here is the interesting thing...there have been at least 5 times when I have found a missing child. Once we were at the grocery store and as we were walking in a little boy was walking outside in the busy parking lot, I stopped and helped him back inside to find his dad who was clear across the store in the toy dept. (actually I think this happened twice). Another time I was with my

mom & sisters at a big outside clothing store, and as we were in the car leaving I noticed a little girl walking the opposite way of the people, and I knew she was lost. My family said she was fine, but I felt I needed to stop & help her find her family. She had wondered off almost 2 blocks & we found her family. Another time I was working and I saw a little boy walking in the mall all by himself with a red wagon from our store & I helped him. So, as I sat there and prayed today, I said "Heavenly Father, I have helped so many times with finding other kids and helping them, please help me find my own, please help me to know which way to go." At that moment I felt I needed to go to my left. I kept walking some and stopped and I felt like I needed to keep walking. Soon I saw the cutest little boy... my little boy & I went running to him and scooped him up. How could I be mad when my prayer had been answered, and he was okay! I asked him why he left and he said he wanted to go find Daddy. He just kept hugging me, and I told him how he was lost, and how I prayed that we could find him, and Heavenly Father helped me find him. He laid his head on my shoulder and said, "I'm sorry Mommy!" I am so grateful that Heavenly Father knew where he was, just like he knows where each of us are, and that Jackson was okay. When I saw him, he was walking by himself, but I felt that there was a bubble of angels walking with him & protecting him. I am so grateful for him in my life, I love him, Morgan, & Hallie more than anything.

(These are pictures I had taken awhile ago, but fogot to post.)
8 comments:
Wow Melissa!! That's so scary! I'm thinking I'm going to get one of those "leashes" so I can keep tabs on my kids! I'm so happy Jackson is okay! Love you!
I am glad Jackson is okay. It isn't the funnest experience to go through. Thank goodness we have the power of prayer and the quidence of our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for you testimony you shared with each of us. It agains strenghtens my testimony of the power of prayer!
oh my gosh Mel that is my worst fear ever!! I'm so glad that you found him and I can only imagine what you must have been feeling but what a relief that he was ok!!
Having a lost child is the worst feeling in the world! I am so glad you found him and everything was okay!
Analice
Melissa,
This was a beautiful post! Such a a great story about answers to prayer. I'm so glad you found him and so quickly.
Mindy :)
Prayer is awesome. Thanks for sharing your story.
Oh that is the worst feeling ever! So glad everything is okay. It happens to just about everyone I think so don't feel bad about that.
ok- i had to wait til i was done crying. what a terrible feeling that must be! i am so glad that you had your entire family there to help you out and search for your baby. i am so glad to have a happy ending. what a blessing!
Post a Comment