Nut Family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Entertainment

So, what do you like to do on your Sunday afternoon? We like to be entertained by the kids. :) Today Jackson was "so good in class" that his teacher (Nic) gave him "lots" of blue tootsie rolls which he kindly shared during lunch.
Well, have you heard of the marshmellow study? Today a member of the bishopric talked about it, so Brian and I decided to test our kids with it since we had marshmellows. Basically, the 4 year old has 15 minutes to not eat the marshmellow, and then he will get 2. (They found in the study, those who ate the marshmellow weren't very successful in life, and those who waited, were very successful) We gave each of the kids a marshmellow, and thankfully they will lead VERY productive lives, well, except Hallie, but then again, she is only 2, so we still have 2 more years to help her be successful- right? Morgan & Jackson held onto theirs for 15 minutes (just barely licking it) and Hallie popped it in her mouth as soon as she saw it. Finally, once they had their marshmellows I showed Jackson how to make eyes with his tootsie rolls & this was the end result. Very Funny!!!
We were laughing pretty hard at Jackson's funny faces with his new set of eyes. :)
We then went outside after lunch to have icecream cones. It was such a nice way to spend Sunday afternoon, and then Brian, Me, Hallie, & Landon all took a little nap while Morgan & Jackson watched a "Jesus Movie." Before Morgan & Jackson came inside, Jackson came running in with Morgan yelling behind him "Jackson's Bleeding!" Brian looked to see what the damage was, and somehow while Jackson was on the swing, he hit his head on the teeter-totter (don't ask me how, because I don't know) He came in with a litte cut, but Brian decided to make it as dramatic as he could... which resulted in this nice turban around his head. Brian was quietly laughing as he helped Jackson & Jackson thought it was great that Daddy was taking such great care of him. 3 hours later, and Jackson still has it wrapped around his head. :)
Hey Man... Waz Up! We then decided to invite the "gangsters" over for more entertainment. Sometimes I wonder where they get it from. It must be from Brian. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

jen said...

I love the gansta picture. Yo yo homey g dawg :) haha I love Sundays!

I like your new layout. It looks really good!